Tiffany & Co. Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

first interview. wait about 10 min,and interview ask me about my background, my skill some basic problem. just do not be panic, answer the question clearly and confidently. after that, they ask me back to second interview

Interview Questions

• what is most important for customer service, how about busy hour   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tiffany & Co.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was very professional, standard interview questions. I was interviewed by the store manager in the store, and receive a call in the afternoon with the offer. I applied online and after a month a receive a call on the phone to schedule a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in applying for this position, why Tiffany? Successful customer service examples   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Simple, fast process. Probably help to dress for the part, I was well dressed and was treated very well, was there for aprox. 1 hour

Was interviewed by HR person, followed by Sales person, both very pleasant and polite. They where very helpful and answer all my questions

Necessary to do the drugs test and background check.
    It was a good experience

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

First I had a interview with general manager. Asked me questions about my customer service skills, my retail background (which was somewhat minimal) and the nature of my personality, what former managers would say about me. Asked me about how I would handle a dishonest employee, an angry customer, how I would diffuse the situation. Beware of the onboarding process. Very long mundane and tricky skills assessment test online. Takes a while to complete. Very annoying. Always answer as if the customer is always right

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a difficult situation with a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I was contacted immediately after submitting resume. Since I was not available for the training days, I didn't gofurther in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a phone interview after applied 2 weeks later and the HR was very nice, we had a great conversation. At the day that I come in for interviewing, about 7,8 people already signed in and competing for one or two position. Talked with Hr and the senior sales, seemed very smooth and good, however, they emailed me that I didn't get the job. Overall the interview procedure isn't bad.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. in September 2013.

Interview

Very professional. Awesome environment with beautiful items. Managers very knowledgeable and very thorough. They seek only the best high quality people who love customer service. Tiffany's seems like a great place to work and has an amazing culture!
    There is plenty of room for growth and promotional opportunities. Be prepared, research the company and let them know what your passion is.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online and then received an email to set up a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was with an HR rep and went well. It was pretty laid back and easy. All the questions were what I expected for a sales interview. At the end of the call she invited me for an in person interview with the Silver Floor Manager. Phone interview was on Thursday and in Person interview was Monday. This interview was fairly similar to the phone interview. It was amazing to interview at the fancy flagship store though!

On that Wednesday I received a call from another HR Person. I had been interviewing for a sales professional position, but they offered me a seasonal position instead since my experience level was lower than they wanted. I accepted, since that's what I expected to happen. I also had a reference inside the company. This helps tremendously since New York is such a competitive market.

They then did a full background check and pre-employment drug screen before clearing me for training.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a sale from start to finish. What is your sales style like? What is a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What does customer service mean to you and how does that apply here? What do you bring to the table that's different than the 42 other Sales Professionals? What do you hope to get out of the sales professional position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate, since the offer was for the amount I asked for.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview, which sounds messy but it was very well organised and was not a typical interview.
    There was an introduction to the company
    Followed by a role play exercise where you would partake as if you were successful in the role and serving a client in a make up store, they had set up.
    Following this was a gift box and wrapping task, the infamous bow has to be perfected, so a masterclass in this was a vital part.
    The interview standard questions followed this.

Interview Questions

• You had the standard interview questions of previous employment history and experience, what would you bring to the company ect.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2015.

Interview

1.5 hour long online test first!! LONG & DETAILED
    You can find out their culture during the process, which is good to know if you fit into their culture.

2.5 hour group interview with 30 candidates
    It is the most enjoyable and interacting interview I had.
    The tasks not only test your skills, obviously also trying to know your personality.
    You would be asked to get a partner for the whole interview. Discussed some topics between you two and then present each other's to the whole group.
    And also roll play.

It is fun and valuable time to know Tiffany work culture before you get into it.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, hobbit, achievement, why do you choose Tiffany   Answer Question