TigerDirect B2B Account Manager - Raleigh, NC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

B2B Account Manager - Raleigh, NC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TigerDirect (Raleigh, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on Indeed.com. The recruiter sent over the job description via email and a brief telephone interview was conducted. On the telephone interview, the recruiter asked me a number of questions pertaining to inside sales. After the call, I was instructed to fill out an online application. The online application contained 9 questions (1. What image do you have of our company and this industry? What types of products/services have you sold and how did you sell them? What kind of goals motivate you the best? What total compensation are you seeking? Tell me about a sales experience that demonstrates your work ethic? What is your sales process, given a qualified lead? How many contacts do you make on a qualified lead? If you had to turn down a request from a valued client, what would you do? Describe a customer complaint that you have resolved? How do you handle negative feedback from very angry clients? How do you respond to him/her? Explain with an example, how would you handle a situation where a customer is asking for something, which is not in the interest of the company or which would violate a policy of the company?) Once I completed the application, the recruiter set up a face to face interview with Tiger Direct. The interview was not difficult as they asked the same questions from the online application. I was interviewed by two sales manager and I sat with an inside sales rep for 15 minutes. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of goals motivate you the best?   1 Answer

The salary offered was 25K for the first six months with 13% commission and 20K after six months with 18% commission. A new inside sales rep starts with no client list therefore you will not profit from the commission until you develop a solid client list which will take anywhere from 1-2 years. They only offer 6 paid holidays out of 10 calendar holidays. You do not start accruing vacation time until you have been employed for 6 months.

Even though the salary was not what I was looking for the people seem to be friendly. I do believe this is an opportunity for someone who is now starting off. It is a decent alternative from working at a fast food joint and having to work weekend and holiday hours. This is a nice opportunity for self motivated students, it does require a person with confidence, who is well spoken, and comfortable using a computer.