TikTok Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TikTok Interview Questions

Interviews at TikTok

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TikTok.

Interview

I received a Hackerrank coding assessment (4 questions, 120 min.). The questions were fine (medium - hard questions). But I decided not to finish the assessment for two reasons.

1. It made you turn your webcam on for surveillance.
    2. It didn’t allow you to use the Java API for reference (so it pretty much wanted you to know everything from the top of your head).

It’s pretty obnoxious for any coding assignment for those to be the conditions.

Interview Questions

• Four Hackerrank Medium - Hard questions. 120 mins for all four questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, IOS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TikTok in January 2021.

Interview

1. Recruiter call - Resume screen. Follow up scheduled for 1 month later.

2. Technical Interview - Discussion about past experience, basic iOS questions. Then LC Medium level question. A detailed interview document was provided by TikTok to aid my preparation.

3. Rejection Email, 2 days after technical interview.

I believe I spoke well about my iOS experience, and I answered the Leetcode/Algorithm question correctly; it passed the test cases, and the interviewer said this was likely the optimal solution in terms of run time and space complexity.

Alas, my efforts did not prevail. Perhaps the performance of other candidates proved superior to mine. Best of luck to them.

Interview Questions

• LC medium about strings.
      Information from the preparation document they provide you certainly will suffice, don't worry.   Answer Question

Applied Machine Learning Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TikTok in January 2021.

Interview

3 rounds of interview - each one of them consists of some question regarding resume (not dive into it) and one medium leetcode question.

The resume questions would be very simple and the duration would be like 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• longest palindrome subsequence. Its the same in the leetcode   Answer Question

Machine Learning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TikTok in January 2021.

Interview

120 minutes Online Assessment. very difficult to pass all test cases. I appeared 20 days before but no response till now. Same assessment for both software positions and machine learning position. Please they are different positions and they have different level of coding experience so I request to give separate tests for both of them

Interview Questions

• Leetcode : 2medium, 1 hard, 1 easy   1 Answer

Software Engineer/SRE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TikTok (San Francisco, CA) in January 2021.

Interview

1 Online Assessment (4 Questions)
    1 Interview
    They take interviews 3-5 rounds based on your performance in the previous round.
    Their process is quick with first interview in days after the recruiter communication.
    Recruiter mail mentions that you have between 45 minutes to 1 hour for the interview which was very vague and I was expecting the interviewer would let me continue even beyond 45 minutes if required but the interview took a hard stop at 45 minutes with only minutes of debugging remaining to my coding problem.
    So I had to solve 2 problems (medium difficulty) in approx. 20-30 minutes.
    It would have been nicer if atleast the interviewer had mentioned at the start of the interview about his plan to hard stop at 45 minutes. With a variable time communicated in their recruiter emails, any candidate would expect that extra 15 minutes if they are just aa step away from the perfect solution.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TikTok (Mountain View, CA) in January 2021.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR, 3 interviews with hiring managers from China and the US, final interview with HR.
    You should expect that interviews will be in the China time zone.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

OA - 4 questions, one easy, one medium, and two hard. Hard questions do not need best solution even brute force can pass majority test cases. Whole duration 120 mins. Pass all test cases is not required to get a move.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TikTok.

Interview

Role on hold for the 2nd time during interview process. Smart interviewers buy overall terrible interview process. Concerning lack of vision due to the number of times this has happened.

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Was asked to go through a 120 min coding challenge, the challenges medium leet code problems and could be done if you practiced. After that, you will get another email if you get through the second interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had 2 video interviews before i was extended an offer over the course of 3 weeks. I had read the negative reviews before and was a little worried going in, but my interviewers were on time, friendly, and really listened to what I had to say ! They answered my questions and paid attention during the virtual interview as well.