Tilly's Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever! I had a great first interview with the DM in my area, Michael. We discussed moving up with the company, pay, the whole 9 yards. I'm a full time student, which was disclosed the first interview with a desire to move in about a year in a half, also disclosed during the first interview. With a full time job and full class load I bent over backwards to accommodate 3 long interviews in a 4 day time span. All 3 interviews were great. All 3 managers told me I would be a great fit, the store manager even told me they were not interviewing anyone else. After my interviews I was told they would get back to me early next week. 5 business days, 7 total days later I get a call from the DM telling me they wanted someone more 'long term' and they were going to look at other candidates, but if they didn't find anyone they would give me a call. BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tilly's

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tilly's (Toms River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I wasn't interview at all. The district manager recruited me from shopping in the store and asked to get together to chat. Talked for an hour about what my experience was and what I could bring to the company and that was it and was hired

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

Met with Store Manager. Basic interview questions. This was back in 2002. The company was still new. The DM at the tie was not the same DM as when I worked there. The DM who was there when I worked there is now the DM in another state.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Tilly's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Youngstown, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

i had 3 interviews: 1) Store manger 2) Co Manager 3) District Manager Each interview had more difficult questions than the previous, but as long as you stay true to yourself and don't lie answering the questions, you'll be fine.. Also, do not accept the offer on the spot. Ask for a day to think about it.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever had a difficult encounter with a customer and how did i handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

I applied with a paper application, was promptly called to schedule an interview with the store manager and also with the district manager. They really just want you to be yourself and it is a warm friendly environment. The management is really up beat and customer focused. The culture in this company is great and provides opportunities to move up.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The district manager was extremely positive and made me feel comfortable during the entire process. She just wanted to get to know me and what i wanted with the company.

Interview Questions

• Is this a company you see yourself growing in?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

Interview

General retail questions that are provided through the company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tilly's in July 2010.

Interview

I noticed that the store was hiring through the mall's online job listings.

I called the contact (which was the Store Manager) to verify that the listing was accurate. She said that is was and said that I should come in and apply.

I arrived at the store to drop off my resume and she gave me an application.
    The culture in the store was vibrant and all of the sales associates were active on the sales floor and were eager to assist me. The store manager was very pleasant and came off as an experienced worker.

I filled-out the application and attached my resume. About 2-3 days later, I received a call for an interview. The interview with the Store Manager was great. She was very knowledgeable about the company and was clear about what she wanted from her ASM.

I got a call the next day for an interview with the District Manager which seemed like it would be much more difficult, but it wasn't. She made me feel comfortable and was also experienced in her field. She, too, made it clear that Tilly's has high expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you would need to break company policy? Why would you do it?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $14.00, they offered $12.75 + benefits (my other job didn't offer benefits) so I took their offer.