Tilly's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tilly's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and got an email for an interview. When I got there, it was a group interview; questions were asked, but not everyone was able to answer. (Try to answer as much as possible! Although, I didn't and still got an offer for the job) You then had to create an outfit in the store according to a scenario the manager assigns you in a few minutes, and present it to the group, telling them why you chose it. The manager was going to make us talk to strangers to see how we approached them, but ended up not going through with it. Afterwards, we filled out schedules and told the manager when we would be available. I got the offer and this is my first job (I've had no previous retail or work experience) and am 17 years old and going to be a senior in high school. Everyone was very nice, and it was very laid back. I recommend you apply!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Tilly's?   1 Answer
    • How do we practice loss prevention?   1 Answer
    • How should we approach customers without just asking "What can I help you with?" (As most people will just say "I'm just looking")   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then went in to introduce myself. Got called for an interview about a week and half after that. In total, there was about 3 weeks between when I applied and when I had my interview. I applied for a seasonal position, but the interviewer seemed annoyed when they found out I was a student and asked, "oh. You just want something for the summer then?" so that seemed weird. Most people were dressed casually, in the style of the store.
    The interview was just some basic questions asked in a group. Everyone got the chance to answer. The interviewer said they usually did a role playing exercise to make sure you were comfortable talking to people but we didn't have time so we didn't do it.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

The process is very easy and chill. They do a group interview with 4 people. Come into the interview energetic and excited! Dress like you would if you were to work at the store.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other people. Just asked us questions about fashion and we had to put together an outfit and "sell" it to the manager. Overall pretty easy. I heard back exactly a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

My pre interview was easy and quick the manger seemed like she liked me I came dressed professional dress shirt tie and dress pants and the pre interview was a couple of questions but I havent had my inerview yet I am waiting for my call back and I just had it today

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean too me?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

It was super rushed and unorganized. She took us outside and asked us some simple questions ( a group of 6 ) and she didn't let everyone answer. My group would raise our hands, and she would only let one or two people answer. (Btw writing this not sure if i got an offer or not so i'm putting no offer right now)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

group interview, took approximately one day to contact after i submitted my online application, overall low pressure, make sure you speak up and build off of what other people say, teamwork and helpfullness to customers valued, know brands

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day for an interview. It was a group interview with 5 other people. A question was asked and everyone was allowed to respond. For the second part of the interview, you have create an outfit; men had to make outfits for women, and women for men, and then you explain why you chose this outfit, and it was also a time to have a 1 on 1 conversation with hiring manager (which is good if you're not good at group interviews like me).

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tilly's (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter setup interview for date and time, Recruiter never called me or return my email in regard to our interview. I find this to be unprofessional and unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• No question to report since the Recruiter never called me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got scheduled for an interview a week later. It was a group interview and they asked pretty simple "ice breaker" questions like "what are your hobbies, favorite brands, etc". Then we were asked about different Customer related scenarios such as what to do when you have an angry customer. Afterwards, the manager pulled me aside and made me speak to another manager. I was asked more questions about Customer scenarios and then they made me approach a random person in the store and pretend I was already an employee. I did it and afterwards they explained that they liked that I could easily approach customers and was verbally offered the job. Overall it was a pretty laid back process.