Tilly's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tilly's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's (Farmington, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview overall was super easy. It was a group interview, group interview meaning there was more than one interviewee. There was about 6 people there. They started by asking asking us a few icebreaker questions, then they had us design an outfit for the opposite gender in 5 minutes. they followed by asking a few more questions, my advice would be answer first or second!!! It sets you apart from the rest. Also stay off your phone. 4 of the 6 of us got the job. Me being one of them and I have zero retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tilly's (Collegeville, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I then got an email summary of my application. It told me to go to Tilly's with the summary and introduce myself to the manager. I did, and then got scheduled for a group interview 2 days later. The same manager interviewed me, and four others. She asked us simple questions and then had us pick out an outfit with a given scenario in 5 minutes. When we finished the interview she told us we would be getting an email either later that day or the next if we got the job. Got the email the next day and accepted.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic group interview with maybe 5-6 other candidates. I walked in to Tillys and handed the manager my application and resume and she asked me to interview the next day.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's (Riverside, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was chill and everyone seemed friendly. I just didn't like how I had to come 3 separate times, all so wouldn't even get a call back from them. In my opinion that is pretty unprofessional, especially since it is only a minimum wage job with very little hours. I live 30 minutes away so it was a hassle to get there 3 seperate times just so I wouldn't get called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (Menifee, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back and easy, managers were nice. There were about 5 or 6 of us in total for the group interview. They asked us questions off of a sheet, which we were told were new. It was a new thing with the company. Random questions off that sheet were fired at us, it wasn't intimidating at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about a week and I got an email telling me a date and a time. It was supposed to be a group interview, but no one else showed up. Just me! First come the questions, then the customer-employee role play. Be sure to know the brands they sell!!!

Part Time Sales Asossicate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (Woodbridge, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

we sat down and talked a bit about myself, and then how I would handle certain situations. Then, we went back to the store and I was tasked with putting together some outfits based on certain scenarios.

Sale's Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Menifee, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was emailed two days later with a date and time for my interview. At the bottom of the email, it said to dress as you would if you were to work at Tilly's. The email didn't say it was a group interview, but it was. Mine included 2 other girls and a man. Dress was definitely casual. Everyone was in nice jeans, a nice shirt (probably one that they sell at the store), and shoes ranged anywhere from low chunky heels to old skool vans. The manager was very laid back, and it was an easy environment. I recieved an email for a 2nd interview later on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and state the position you'd want if hired.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach someone who enters the store?   1 Answer
    • What are some open ended questions you could ask that would help you to understand what the customer is looking for?   1 Answer
    • A middle aged woman comes into the store and says she's shopping for her husband who is coming home from the military soon. Also gave details such as he's a 34 waist, etc. And we had to pick out an outfit for him within 7 minutes and bring it back to sell to the group.   Answer Question
    • How would you get customers to sign up for the rewards program?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

Super Easy. They ask you about yourself, you want to make sure to speak up and not be the last to answer. They ask you to put together an outfit. Make sure you choose an item and build the rest of your outfit around the item to compliment it. Show that you would love a fast paced sales position and that you have good people skills and your in.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tilly's (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to go introduce myself and then after speaking with the manager I was offered an interview. The interview was a manager and two candidates. They asked routine questions and after the interview we were told to wait and hear back for a second interview.