Tilly's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

127 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

The process is very easy and chill. They do a group interview with 4 people. Come into the interview energetic and excited! Dress like you would if you were to work at the store.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tilly's

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

Group interview with 4 other people. Just asked us questions about fashion and we had to put together an outfit and "sell" it to the manager. Overall pretty easy. I heard back exactly a week after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

It was super rushed and unorganized. She took us outside and asked us some simple questions ( a group of 6 ) and she didn't let everyone answer. My group would raise our hands, and she would only let one or two people answer. (Btw writing this not sure if i got an offer or not so i'm putting no offer right now)

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got scheduled for an interview a week later. It was a group interview and they asked pretty simple "ice breaker" questions like "what are your hobbies, favorite brands, etc". Then we were asked about different Customer related scenarios such as what to do when you have an angry customer. Afterwards, the manager pulled me aside and made me speak to another manager. I was asked more questions about Customer scenarios and then they made me approach a random person in the store and pretend I was already an employee. I did it and afterwards they explained that they liked that I could easily approach customers and was verbally offered the job. Overall it was a pretty laid back process.

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tilly's (Farmington, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview overall was super easy. It was a group interview, group interview meaning there was more than one interviewee. There was about 6 people there. They started by asking asking us a few icebreaker questions, then they had us design an outfit for the opposite gender in 5 minutes. they followed by asking a few more questions, my advice would be answer first or second!!! It sets you apart from the rest. Also stay off your phone. 4 of the 6 of us got the job. Me being one of them and I have zero retail background.

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tilly's (Collegeville, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I then got an email summary of my application. It told me to go to Tilly's with the summary and introduce myself to the manager. I did, and then got scheduled for a group interview 2 days later. The same manager interviewed me, and four others. She asked us simple questions and then had us pick out an outfit with a given scenario in 5 minutes. When we finished the interview she told us we would be getting an email either later that day or the next if we got the job. Got the email the next day and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tilly's (Menifee, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back and easy, managers were nice. There were about 5 or 6 of us in total for the group interview. They asked us questions off of a sheet, which we were told were new. It was a new thing with the company. Random questions off that sheet were fired at us, it wasn't intimidating at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It took about a week and I got an email telling me a date and a time. It was supposed to be a group interview, but no one else showed up. Just me! First come the questions, then the customer-employee role play. Be sure to know the brands they sell!!!

Sale's Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menifee, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilly's (Menifee, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I was emailed two days later with a date and time for my interview. At the bottom of the email, it said to dress as you would if you were to work at Tilly's. The email didn't say it was a group interview, but it was. Mine included 2 other girls and a man. Dress was definitely casual. Everyone was in nice jeans, a nice shirt (probably one that they sell at the store), and shoes ranged anywhere from low chunky heels to old skool vans. The manager was very laid back, and it was an easy environment. I recieved an email for a 2nd interview later on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and state the position you'd want if hired.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach someone who enters the store?   1 Answer
    • What are some open ended questions you could ask that would help you to understand what the customer is looking for?   1 Answer
    • A middle aged woman comes into the store and says she's shopping for her husband who is coming home from the military soon. Also gave details such as he's a 34 waist, etc. And we had to pick out an outfit for him within 7 minutes and bring it back to sell to the group.   Answer Question
    • How would you get customers to sign up for the rewards program?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tilly's.

Interview

Super Easy. They ask you about yourself, you want to make sure to speak up and not be the last to answer. They ask you to put together an outfit. Make sure you choose an item and build the rest of your outfit around the item to compliment it. Show that you would love a fast paced sales position and that you have good people skills and your in.