Tillys Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Manchester, NH) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview with the DM as well as the current store manager. Phone interview was about an hour and in person was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The Store Manager took me to the back room and sat us down and immediately began asking questions about my personality and personal tastes/how I did things at my previous job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Tilly's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Brief phone call to set up a time and place, then an in person interview with the Store Manager, followed by an interview with the District Manager. It only took a week to hear back with an offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

Brief, personality test to see if you are the outgoing, friendly personality type they want. Your position is 90% sales and 10% admin and because of this they cannot care about your experience but want to hear about you.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do with your friends? How do you deal with difficult customers? How would you resolve a conflict with the associates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Lubbock, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with the District Manager and set up an interview where we met at Starbucks. It was very conversational and comfortable. He took the time to get to know me and gave me time to ask questions and learn more about the role. It was an overall good interview process. After meeting with him, I was hired quickly and began training.

Interview Questions

• What was one example of when you had to handle a difficult situation in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tillys (Tulsa, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

Worst experience ever! I had a great first interview with the DM in my area, Michael. We discussed moving up with the company, pay, the whole 9 yards. I'm a full time student, which was disclosed the first interview with a desire to move in about a year in a half, also disclosed during the first interview. With a full time job and full class load I bent over backwards to accommodate 3 long interviews in a 4 day time span. All 3 interviews were great. All 3 managers told me I would be a great fit, the store manager even told me they were not interviewing anyone else. After my interviews I was told they would get back to me early next week. 5 business days, 7 total days later I get a call from the DM telling me they wanted someone more 'long term' and they were going to look at other candidates, but if they didn't find anyone they would give me a call. BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tillys (Toms River, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I wasn't interview at all. The district manager recruited me from shopping in the store and asked to get together to chat. Talked for an hour about what my experience was and what I could bring to the company and that was it and was hired

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

Met with Store Manager. Basic interview questions. This was back in 2002. The company was still new. The DM at the tie was not the same DM as when I worked there. The DM who was there when I worked there is now the DM in another state.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Tilly's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tillys (Youngstown, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

i had 3 interviews: 1) Store manger 2) Co Manager 3) District Manager Each interview had more difficult questions than the previous, but as long as you stay true to yourself and don't lie answering the questions, you'll be fine.. Also, do not accept the offer on the spot. Ask for a day to think about it.

Interview Questions

• Have i ever had a difficult encounter with a customer and how did i handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

I applied with a paper application, was promptly called to schedule an interview with the store manager and also with the district manager. They really just want you to be yourself and it is a warm friendly environment. The management is really up beat and customer focused. The culture in this company is great and provides opportunities to move up.