Tillys Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tillys (Riverside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The Interview process for Tilly's is VERY well conducted.
You have to be very social at Tilly's, so any amount of enthusiasm and energetic vibes is crucial.
You talk about your behavior on the Sales floor and how you can motivate/drive a team to be successful each and every day.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of running a successful team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The district manager was extremely positive and made me feel comfortable during the entire process. She just wanted to get to know me and what i wanted with the company.

Interview Questions

• Is this a company you see yourself growing in?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys in July 2010.

Interview

General retail questions that are provided through the company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tillys in July 2010.

Interview

I noticed that the store was hiring through the mall's online job listings.

I called the contact (which was the Store Manager) to verify that the listing was accurate. She said that is was and said that I should come in and apply.

I arrived at the store to drop off my resume and she gave me an application.
    The culture in the store was vibrant and all of the sales associates were active on the sales floor and were eager to assist me. The store manager was very pleasant and came off as an experienced worker.

I filled-out the application and attached my resume. About 2-3 days later, I received a call for an interview. The interview with the Store Manager was great. She was very knowledgeable about the company and was clear about what she wanted from her ASM.

I got a call the next day for an interview with the District Manager which seemed like it would be much more difficult, but it wasn't. She made me feel comfortable and was also experienced in her field. She, too, made it clear that Tilly's has high expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you would need to break company policy? Why would you do it?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $14.00, they offered $12.75 + benefits (my other job didn't offer benefits) so I took their offer.