Tillys Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

1.7

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very easy , manager asks a few simple questions to get to know you nothing to worry about at all. And Tillys is always looking for new employees so chances are you’ll get hired

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Riverside, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Group interview, I interviewed in a group with five people. The application process took about two weeks. It was a very casual interview. They asked unique questions such as "If you can describe yourself as a plant what would you be?"

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to work in the fashion industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tillys (Mays Landing, NJ) in July 2018.

Interview

Questions to answer and task to do. 3 different interviews, nice manager and employees, wanted applicants to play games and answer fun questions. Group interview required a lot of energy and quick replies.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in San Tan Valley, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tillys (San Tan Valley, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Really easy, I got asked basic questions and questions more about me than anything. The managers were really nice and friendly! I had a great time working there as well, really laid back!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Who’s your favorite celebrity and why? What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Monterey, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview didn't even feel like an interview, it was really laid back. It was a group interview and the Assistant Manager that was interviewing us was just trying to see our personality. Best interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tillys (Concord, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They emailed me about coming in for an interview. It was a group interview conducted in the back of the store by the district manager. She then asked a few to stay behind for "application errors" when in reality it was because we were the ones she thought were the best fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with a new customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked a few short questions such as why I wanted to work at tillys, what I had to offer for the company, etc. Then to ensure I knew how to perform the simplest task I needed to pick out an outfit and sell it to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best choice for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tillys (Anaheim Hills, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, printed what I filled out and brought it into the store. I let the manager know and a few days later they emailed me a time to come in to interview. It was a group interview, 6 girls in the back with the Store Manager. It was maybe an hour? little less. They emailed me two days later saying they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• They ask about availability   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

We were in a group of ten people and they asked question such as what were our strengths and weaknesses and what we were to do with the bonus coupons if we were hired.

Interview Questions

• What pushes you for self improvement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sand City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Sand City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Currently waiting on the decision but during the interview, the hiring manager led 6 of us to the back, and sat us in what seemed to be the stock room. The hiring manager was very friendly, outgoing, chill, and young so he understood how we must've been nervous so he did a little ice breaker in the beginning by asking us things like our favorite genre of music, our favorite artists, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a "just looking" customer?   2 Answers