Tillys Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

Group interview, asked a series of questions by placing us in different sales scenarios. I received a call again by meeting the store manager and by then I was already told I got the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Santa Clarita, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and either one or two days later I got a call to come in for a group interview. I wore a cute top from Tillys, Levi’s, and some booties. I was interviewed with 5 other people in the back like storage area. The two managers asked us questions from a sheet and they asked us by name so we didn’t have to fight for answers. Then they gave us each an article of clothing and had us make an outfit out of it then bring it back. It was really easy and as long as you’re outgoing and happy, you should get the job. The manager said she would call us Tuesday (I interviewed on a Saturday) if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• What bands or influencers do you follow on social media?   Answer Question
    • What’s an uncomfortable situation you’ve been in and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What did you do when you saw someone being dishonest?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

The interview is a group interview where you are asked basic retail question regarding customer service, what that means to you and some scenario questions then you will most likely be asked to build an outfit based off of one item the interviewer pulls for you to work with.

Interview Questions

• Build an outfit based off of this item   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview went very well, the workers were very nice to me. Although she told me she would call me back in 3 weeks and never did, so i had to keep calling and she finally said she would give me a call and again never did.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

It was a group interview so there were four of us getting interviewed. A sales lead, and store manager was there to interview us. Basically just asked us to introduce ourselves, gave us scenarios, and had us pick out an outfit.

Interview Questions

• What was a dishonesty you have witnessed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Redondo Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Went into the store and talked to the manager, it wasn’t the hiring manager, but he told me the hiring manager would call me, the next day they did and set up an interview for the next week

Interview Questions

• If you could be an animal, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peabody, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys (Peabody, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Super easy. It was a group interview (only 2 including myself because some people didn't show up) The interview took 10 minutes tops because she was kind of in a rush. She asked some simple questions and hired both of us at the end of the interview. Just be sure to seem welcoming and dress trendy (I was in a gingham tight skirt and a black top and the girl with me was in jeans, boots and a black tee). I stressed out for a while before because it was my first interview ever, but it was definitely nothing to worry about.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Most questions were about current fashion trends and your personality. They were ask you multiple questions that reveal your personality and ability to communicate with potentional customers. The manager was very friendly and easy going .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you stepped out of your comfort zone and glad you made this decision?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys.

Interview

The interview was mainly focused on whether or not you fit into the company culture. They asked mostly behavioral questions and made sure that you were familiar with their brands and styles.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tillys (Irvine, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Super casual and laid back. Easy interview questions that were personality-based, and then we were asked to pick out an outfit for a specific (imaginary) customer. In my case, it was picking out an outfit for a teenage boy for his first day of high school. I was hired right on the spot.