Tillys Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tillys Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Tillys

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tillys (Temecula, CA).

Interview

Group interview with two managers. One took half of the group and had them pick out clothes for the opposite gender & the other sat down with the other half and asked questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just took the job as it is. It is a seasonal position but if you wow them enough they will keep you. Just sell as much as you can for them and get those surveys done for you. They did keep me past seasonal.

Other Interview Reviews for Tillys

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got called the same day I brought in an application. It was a group interview with about 3 other girls. The manager asked us basic questions about ourselves, prior experience, about work ethics and asked us to sell her the outfit we were wearing. It wasn't too bad and we were all hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If I was a customer who needed a outfit to go out on a date with, how would you sell me the outfit you were wearing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tillys (Temecula, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on June 4 and was emailed for an interview a week later. They said to dress as if I was already working there. I wore a blouse, sandals and jeans. I got there right on time and since they were a little late to begin the interview I chatted with the other applicants. This one girl wore flips flops and shorts with a sweater. They were all older and than me and had experience so I felt out of place because I was the only 16 yr old with no experience in retail. We began the interview and were asked simple questions and were asked to answer them in order so the person on the very left til the very right answers and they seemed more interested in the ones that had experience. Towards the end of the interview, we played a game. We were given a clothing item and we had to make an outfit out of it and try to sell it to the interviewers. Then the interview was over and they said that we would be contacted soon after if we got the job. I thought I did fine but I could tell they didn't like me because when they would talk about the job they wouldn't even look at me. It was kind of like a "you're irrelevant to us so we dont need to explain this to you" look. It could be because I didn't have any experience or maybe because the way I looked but I honestly could tell I wasn't getting hired...

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2016.

Interview

I saw some signs within the store saying they were hiring. I went online and filled out a short application for the only position available, which was the seasonal sales associate position. I then received a phone call saying they would like me to come in for a group interview. The group interview consisted of four other applicants and the store manager. We all sat down at a table and he had us introduce ourselves to the group and then went through some simple questions and scenarios and had us answer one at a time in no specific order. After the group session he told us he would call us within a few days if he wanted us to come back for a secondary interview.

Interview Questions

• If I were to contact a friend, boss, family member, or associate of yours, how would they describe you?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with current events? Is there a specific group/person you follow on social media to get that news?   Answer Question
    • If a teenage boy walks into the store with a skateboard, how would you greet him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Brea, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was very chill. I applied online and went in store a few days later to turn in an email they asked for. A few weeks later, I got a call from a manager and we talked a little and then she scheduled me for a group interview. The interview was with 4 other girls( I am a girl). I wore jeans fro Urban Outfitters, a grey ribbed t shirt from Nordstroms, and printed slip on vans. So definitely don't stress wearing all Tilly's merchandise. I was sure to be funny and charming, and I could tell the interviewer liked me a lot. The interviews are really more to just see your personality than your actual skills. Don't be super shy, and make sure you have knowledge of the store. One of their main focuses is customer service, so throw that in when you can. I got a call that same day to schedule a second round interview with the hiring manager. I went in the next day, talked with her and answered more personality/style questions, and was offered the job right there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tillys (Oxnard, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online then went to the store in person the next day. Talked to an assistant manager who filled out a small paper and asked why i wanted to work at tillys, my available time, what good customer service means to me and then told me they would call with interview time/day. Called either later that day or the next day and set up interview for a few days later. Didn't know it was a group interview until i showed up for the interview. The two interviewers (both assistant managers) brought us to a back room & asked questions and each of us took turns answering (there were 4 interviewees).

Interview Questions

• Your name and something fun about u?
      What you do on your spare time (hobbies)?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where u caught someone being dishonest, what did u do about it/ how did u feel about it?   Answer Question
    • if we were to call a relative, friend, or associate of yours whats one word that they would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • Had 5 minutes to build an outfit with items throughout the store (including accessories) and then describe why they should buy it.   Answer Question
    • What are your favorite singers/bands?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for summer season and the process took awhile for a call to come in for an interview. Asked questions about my work ethic, worst quality, best quality, stores you shop, and create an outfit for a scenario. What brands do we sell here? There was an ice breaker because of the group interview. Be first to say your answer it looks better. Dress for the season you applied for, in trend, and accessorize and presentable. Take your time picking an outfit and talk up the outfit when trying to sell to manager and bring other alternatives just in case. Stay up to trends and true to you.

Interview Questions

• What stores do you shop at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, fairly easy. Just make sure you stand out above the rest of the group (in a good and confident way). Manager was friendly and genuinely interested in all candidates interviewing for the position. Myself as well as another candidate were both offered a job immediately following the interview.

Interview Questions

• ROLEPLAY: put together an outfit for a certain event given to you and try to convince the customer to buy it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tillys (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. but took about 2 weeks to complete. it was a group interview with about 7-8 people and it was quick and interactive. I was either the first or second person to answer the questions that were asked and was always smiling(keep that in mind). I wore something you would typically find in Tilly's and some high top all white vans to keep it a little edgy. Sometimes you know you got the job when they ask you to come back and "check something" in their system.

Interview Questions

• What stores do you shop at?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tillys (Anaheim, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email right away thanking me for palling. Then I got a email a few days later saying the date of the interview. It wasn't too bad they asked a couple of average questions that every interview has. It was a group interview and you just really had to make yourself stand out. Try to answer first or second because then they'll look at you like if your not really into it. After the questions they asked us to go walk around to see if the customers were doing okay. After that the interview ended, we shakes hands and left. After a week or two I got an email saying that I didn't get the job so I apparently did something bad.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • How many languages can you speak?   1 Answer