Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

1.8

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Woodridge, IL).

Interview

I went in and filled out an application but there was no manager in at the time so I left. Went in a few days later and there was still no manager on duty so I spoke with a bartender and she called the manager over the phone let him know that there was a girl that was really interested in working there and when she could come back for an interview and he told me that I could come back the following day at noon. Came in at noon was sad a table with another girl who was also interviewing that day she was about 16 or 17 years old and she said she had never had a job before and she was super Duper nervous. I could tell she had some type of social anxiety. He interviewed her then came back and grab me when I did my interview he seemed totally disinterested in me he didn't have my application in front of him he never asked for my number or my name. And said he call me back if he needed me. Mind you I've been a waitress at a similar restaurant for three years so I have lots of experience and I definitely meet the image requirement. Aside from the fact that I am African-American. I never heard back when I went in casually just to have a beer with some friends the girl that was sitting with me in the interview was hired and I had never heard back. I didn't understand that considering she had no work experience and she didn't fit what the tilted kilt image would be considered. I honestly believe that I was not hired because I was African-American.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Walked in after finding the ad on Craigslist. They asked easy questions like tell us about your job experience and why do you want to work for us. Signed the papers on the second interview after trying the uniform.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Bloomfield, NJ).

Interview

Simple. Tried on uniform afterwards. They ask what you know about the restaurant. Two interviews total. Ask you to sell an item on the menu. It was igh. Not stressful at all.

Server/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview

Walked in to apply. The manager wasn't there, so they had someone else in charge to do the interview. I tried on the costume, and then sat down with the interviewer and it was pretty easy even though I have no job experience. I was hired on the spot, but then I declined because I got a different offer.

Interview Questions

• If you could be on the cover of any magazine, which would it be?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your favorite rockstar came into the restaurant?   1 Answer
    • How would you like your coworkers to describe you?   1 Answer

Barback/Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (El Paso, TX).

Interview

They had a panel of managers and first you were asked to change into the uniform of company. The kilt was the biggest concern to see if you felt comfortable in it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here? Are you comfortable working in this uniform? Give examples of good customer service? How do you handle stressful environments?   Answer Question

Entertainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Moreno Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed before the store opened so I attended a casting call in a rented out business space they had. I put on the uniform and stood in front of the casting manager and the owner. The interview process was easy enough and the casting manager was so nice. They asked regular interview questions for a full service restaurant and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Pretend we are a table you are serving. How would you greet us?   Answer Question
    • Say you are hosting and there is a 45 minute wait. What do you do to keep the guests from becoming upset and impatient?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at the Tilted Kilt?   Answer Question

Sever (Entertainer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Walk in, fill out an application, if they like you-you will probably get an audition on the spot if they kinda like you they will schedule one if they don't you won't get an audition. At the audition, you try on the uniform so they can see how you fit in it.they will ask you questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite food in detail to me (ingredients, taste) Sell it to me.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview

I was called the same day I put my application in online. I met with the manager the next day he briefly discussed the environment of the restaurant and hired me on the spot.

Entertainer/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They texted me two weeks later and told me to come in. I went in and talked to the manager; she asked was I comfortable with the uniform. She asked a few more questions to see if you are "people person". They had me try on the uniform and then I spoke to the GM. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a boyfriend? Would he be okay with the uniform?   1 Answer

Waitress/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.

Interview

I filled out online the simple stuff such as name,email & phone number Then printed out the application. they called me the next day and said if I can go to the audition the following day (Thursday)... So when I went it was in a hotel room & they first admired my long hair then asked me if I could fill out an application but I already had it in my purse so they put me in the outfit and made me do a spin around to see how I look then asked me the questions after I got dressed they told me they would be doing call backs in two or three days and gave me a bag with little gifts... They texted me Saturday saying I was hired and to come in for orientation Monday... I had also applied for twin peaks though and twin peaks hired me right on the spot as well so I'm still trying to decide

Interview Questions

• my nationality?   1 Answer
    • Would I be willing to do both hostess and waitress   1 Answer
    • If I had one super power what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Would my boyfriend mind me working there?   1 Answer
    • How old is my baby?   1 Answer

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Response

Sep 26, 2015 – Community Manager

Thank you so much for this review about your interview. I am so happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Could you let me know which location you applied at? and if you ended up deciding on... More