Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

1.6

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a 10 minute phone interview the day after. I think they needed a person right away, because I was offered a job on the spot with little to no questions other than "When are you available".

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

t's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Not too difficult. Regular interview questions. Interviewers were friendly. Overall positive experience. Did not end up accepting the offer however. I ended up working somewhere else that pays better and is more convenient.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

The interview was short, around 5-10, was told I got the job at the end. Very casual, had one interview with regional manager as well as store manager. Not much to prepare for, as it was a smaller location. Make sure you're positive!

Interview Questions

• Describe one occasion where you've gone out of your way to serve someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

my interviewer was high and she threw it on the table like: i might not be very clear with my
    words because i took a few mary janes before this

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Tim Hortons   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Group interview. Very straight forward and easy. Group interview setting may be slightly intimidating at first, however very standard and easy going. Started off with a group interview that lead to a one on one. Ask basic questions that you can prep for. The most important part after the interview was to pass the security test in order to work in the airport.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One of my friend told me to apply on this location, so I went and apply. Next day manager called me for interview. It was easy. Manager asked me some questions about my education, experience availability.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Handed in my resume in store, got a call back in a few days.
    Interviewed the assistant manager for approx. 15 minutes.
    He read questions off a sheet that I assume they ask every single employee.

Interview Questions

• If a customer spills a drink in front of you, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very basic questions lots of people interviewing. Fill out availability. Talk about past experiences and why you want to work for them. Tall know about why you left last job. Basic one on one interview.