Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

1.6

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Cashier Interview

Interview

Not too difficult. Regular interview questions. Interviewers were friendly. Overall positive experience. Did not end up accepting the offer however. I ended up working somewhere else that pays better and is more convenient.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

The interview was short, around 5-10, was told I got the job at the end. Very casual, had one interview with regional manager as well as store manager. Not much to prepare for, as it was a smaller location. Make sure you're positive!

Interview Questions

• Describe one occasion where you've gone out of your way to serve someone.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

my interviewer was high and she threw it on the table like: i might not be very clear with my
    words because i took a few mary janes before this

Interview Questions

• What do you love about Tim Hortons   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Group interview. Very straight forward and easy. Group interview setting may be slightly intimidating at first, however very standard and easy going. Started off with a group interview that lead to a one on one. Ask basic questions that you can prep for. The most important part after the interview was to pass the security test in order to work in the airport.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One of my friend told me to apply on this location, so I went and apply. Next day manager called me for interview. It was easy. Manager asked me some questions about my education, experience availability.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very basic questions lots of people interviewing. Fill out availability. Talk about past experiences and why you want to work for them. Tall know about why you left last job. Basic one on one interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and I ve got a phone call for interview schedule. so I went to the store next day and interviewed with store manager. It took me about 20mins.

Interview Questions

• customer service experiences   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who worked at Tim Horton as a supervisor. I was told by my friend what time and date I should be there. The interview process was very short and quick I was only asked about 5 questions. I was offered the job on the spot and told to bring ID and blank check for my first shift.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick and casual, hired in 5 minutes. They asked my what my past experience was: (volunteering from my high school curriculum ). They set up my hours, paper work and uniform the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to working here?   1 Answer