Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springboro, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Springboro, OH).

Interview

It was an open interview. I just went in and said I was their for the open interviews. The lady had me sit in the dining area and asked me if I knew about the company and told me how they worked.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Brooklyn Park, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

What a joke! I applied for a RM position, was told that those positions had been filled, but could interview for a Shift Manager position for $14/hr. At the interview, the person that interviewed me (pretty sure it was the District Manager) told me that there were no SM positions available, but they had Team Member positions for $11/hr available. Upon further job hunting (after declining any position they could offer before they got that far), I discovered that the day before I was told that all RM positions had been filled, they had posted on Craigslist. Also, 4 days after my interview in which I was told there were no SM positions available, they posted on CL that they were looking for Shift Managers at the very store I interviewed at! Talk about a lack of professionalism! I wouldn't want to work for a company that was that disorganized and inconsistent.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and the recruiter asked basic questions relating to interest and salary expectations. I noticed that the recruiter also tried very hard to sell the culture of the company which was contradictory with the reviews on this website. After a few days I was invited to an in person interview with 2 members of senior management (which turned into 3 when I went in).

The first interview was about my strengths, the background of the interviewer and the culture and the second interview consisted of some more behavioural types of questions. After the second interview the senior management member invited a third person in who hadn't reviewed my resume looked disinterested and asked questions that an applicant would have no idea how to answer unless they were part of the business already. This individual was also very condescending.

After a couple of days I received a standard HR response stating that I interviewed very well and had impressive experience but wasn't selected. The reviews/tips on this website definitely align with my experience here.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

It was basic and to the point. No "tell me about yourself," which I was ready for. She just went through the list. Simple questions like when can I work, how will I get to work, etc. Though I didn't like how the interview was out around the customers, I was hoping for a more office, one on one interview without a back noise.

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unorganized. It was more difficult then it should've been. I would recommend everyone to not waste their time. They are looking for someone to overwork with minimal pay. The way they parted the interviewees at the final interview was brutal and reminded me of "picking teams" during elementary school soccer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership?
      Pricing strategies... etc.
      Marketing questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview. Then on site interview. Phone interview was pleasant as recruiter was down to earth. When I went onsite to meet the managers, they were both rude and gave off a terrible impression. It's like they wanted me to do horribly on the interview. I knew right then I didn't want to work for them so I tuned out for the remaining time left wishing I never went.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked me very few questions, mostly involving my after school activities and basically gave me the job while explaining the shifts I would have. Thou I mentioned I couldn't work weekends bf of family issues. After, they were very rude and telling me I should ask my parents, and that I'm almost an adult so I can make my own decisions. I was not pleased and felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any after after school activities?   1 Answer

Sales Development Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was challenging and fulfilling. Started with a phone interview, followed by 1:1 interview. Explained all the details of the job and deliverable goals. Had behavioral questions which evaluated people skills and attitude. Flexible timing and good feedback. Overall, it was a good experience. I would like to thank Tim Horton's for their time and encouraging feedback.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via linkedin by their HR team.

1 phone interview, 1 in person with 2 lawyers.
    Very straight forward, basic interview questions.
    Tell me a joke, what is your fav book, etc. Had to write up a clause for a situational question.

I basically winged the interview, i don't think i was qualified.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with HR and two in person interview with two directors. I knew I would not receive an offer when the second director that interviewed me, look at me from the bottom up and was trying to make me feel really uncomfortable by the way she was looking at me and asking the questions. As I got the interview through an employee referral, they gave the feedback to this employee and the reason why they didn't hire me was because they thought I would be too soft to the RBI standards. The entire experience was a nightmare, the person who was supposed to interview me was not there that day and we didn't have a room for the interview. They are really disorganized and believe they are better than they actually are, I do not recommend this company to anyone. One tip for women is, choose your clothes really carefully, prefer to not be overdressed, they are really casual and they will judge you by the way you look, not what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• What else do you want to tell me? What is important to know about you?   1 Answer