Tim Hortons Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Morning Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Williamsville, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring manager. Asked me basic questions like "describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer" and asked a few questions on experience and see if I could work the hours. She pretty much showed I had the job.... She just needed to fill a spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of our way to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to another location for my interview and was told I was being hired on the spot. I applied and was called back for my interview a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cashier experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

They called me and asked me to come in for an interview at the home Tim Horton's location-my boss owned three-and I wasn't waiting for long at all. She came out almost immediately to interview me, she asked me simple interview questions, at least simple enough for a fast food restaurant.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Canton, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online last week to the tim hortons in Detroit and the Tim Hortons in Canton call me this week 03/09/15 for a interview for the following day I accepted the interview date and time which was 2:30pm. Once I got there they did not have any customers inside. It was quiet that made it perfect for me. I was about 30 mins early for the interview. So I sat in the dining area for a few minutes the cashier brought me a application to fill out as I was filling the application out the manager came out I shook her hand and thanked her for taking the time to give me the interview because it is hard trying to find a job. She understood the questions were easy common what would you do questions. She gave me the job immediately she put me on the schedule for four days start told me what to wear. For those planning a interview with tim hortons stay calm at all times. I wore a button up shirt and dress pants with heels. Alway smile. And be humble.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Tim Hortons ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer was complaining that they have the wrong order?   1 Answer
    • What would do if a customer came in upset?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Quick, easy interview in a really small confined space. Didn't take much convincing to tell them why I should be hired. I definitely aced the interview and I felt very comfortable speaking to the manager. I highly suggest that young people consider Tim Horton's for employment. Older, more skilled people can do better.

Interview Questions

Interview

went to store to apply in person also applied online

Interview Questions

• expected questions because it's an entry level position- know that you have to work hard and work in teams and move quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation

interview, then got called back to say i had the job

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Lancaster, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

15 min interview and hired on the spot. It was a very simple interview and not much too it. However now a days the interviewees have to go through a two step process. They interview with one of the management team and then they have to interview with the district manager. They drag they interview out for weeks not instead of a few days

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneseo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Geneseo, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was structured, but informal. It took place at the store during the middle of the day when there weren't many customers. The interviewer was polite and personable, and had a set of questions prepared for the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone call to schedule interview, or online application. Scheduled interview over the phone came in 3 days later. Interview was simple, a lot of tell me about yourself questions. What values you have to contribute to the team. Most of the interview was overall questions about your availability, if you have transportation, why did you leave your last job, and if you have any questions about the job itself. Got the job on the spot and you get your next weeks schedule.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Ypsilanti, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Easy, came in for an interview got a call a few days later offering position. I applied online and got a call a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. I came in and talked to a guy for like 10-15 minutes, it was super easy and he was friendly. Pretty much knew i got the job before I left the building.