Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and the recruiter asked basic questions relating to interest and salary expectations. I noticed that the recruiter also tried very hard to sell the culture of the company which was contradictory with the reviews on this website. After a few days I was invited to an in person interview with 2 members of senior management (which turned into 3 when I went in).

The first interview was about my strengths, the background of the interviewer and the culture and the second interview consisted of some more behavioural types of questions. After the second interview the senior management member invited a third person in who hadn't reviewed my resume looked disinterested and asked questions that an applicant would have no idea how to answer unless they were part of the business already. This individual was also very condescending.

After a couple of days I received a standard HR response stating that I interviewed very well and had impressive experience but wasn't selected. The reviews/tips on this website definitely align with my experience here.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview. Then on site interview. Phone interview was pleasant as recruiter was down to earth. When I went onsite to meet the managers, they were both rude and gave off a terrible impression. It's like they wanted me to do horribly on the interview. I knew right then I didn't want to work for them so I tuned out for the remaining time left wishing I never went.

Global Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I made it to the last and final round, but it was a complete waste of time. I wouldn't bother again even if I had received an offer, because of the unfair questions that were asked. It doesn't leave you with a good taste in your mouth about this company. Save your time and find another job.

Interview Questions

• 37 x 37 = ?
      43 x 43 = ?
      How would you explain a mortgage to an 8 year old with 3 sentences?
      If I fly to the moon for 10 years and come back, what do I need to know?
      What is the third law of thermodynamics?
      Sell this pen to me.
      What do you think of your co-worker's answer?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program (LDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Make no mistake, this is not a Tim Hortons interview. In fact, I would be hard pressed to even call it a Burger King interview. Bottom line is, if you are expecting these interviews to be inspired by decades of Canadian coffee cultured, you have come to the wrong place. Welcome to zero-based-budgeting.

After a simple phone interview round, there is a rotational round where candidates have three separate 1:1's with three separate senior managers. It really depends on who you get (from what I understand, it would depend on who is available during that day), but the people I spoke with were highly amicable and easy to converse with. Expect typical interview questions here, no surprises (maybe a brain teaser!).

Next, there is a business simulation round where you are put in a group of 4-5 and given a business to manage over 5 years. The levers are quite limited, but retrospectively viewing the simulation, it makes a lot of sense coming from a company like 3G. Yes, the simulation is ran by a 3G executive. Who is from 3G you may ask? Don't worry, you'll know! By not being a shut-in and speaking your mind during the group activities, you should be fine. The game itself was not overly complicated, I enjoyed it greatly overall.

Finally, the last round is a very intense panel interview with multiple interviewers and multiple interviewees all in the same room. This was by far the most memorable part of my interviewing process. It was extremely unique, unpredictable, and not like any other interview I have had before (I have interviewed at several different companies in a variety different industries). I would prefer not to spoil too much here (as I enjoyed the unexpectedness) but ask anyone who has completed this round-the last two questions will throw even the most seasoned interviewer off.

Overall, I had a lot of fun with the interview process and enjoyed meeting (nearly) everyone along the way. My reasons for not wanting to join the company extend far beyond my dislike of coffee and rests primarily in corporate strategy and short-term goals. I could write much more about what I believe...but it would be best to see for yourself. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the average number of people lined up at a single Tim Hortons store right now?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newmarket, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Newmarket, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked me a series of questions and I answered accordingly and I found it really difficult because it was my first interview. Once I was done with the interview I was hired on the spot despite the fact that I thought that I was never gonna bet the job just because of the way I look. I didn't look serious enough but luckily I got the job because I was white. I'm not racist but I felt that the manager I had was and hired me according to my skin colour.

Operations Standard, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, Pemiscot, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, Pemiscot, MO).

Interview

Phone interview
    In person with VP
    In person/phone with president or CFO

Very unprofessional company. The last interview focus was on why you pursued a certain degree and asked a business case study.

Know about the 3G capital, Burger King, Tim Hortons expansion plan

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you?
      What can you bring to Tim Hortons?
      Why didn't you pursue a more difficult designation?   Answer Question

LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Lengthy interview process: First round was individual 2 hour interview and second round was a brutal group interview where candidates are forced to pick each other to be eliminated. Very hostile and toxic environment, need to be a cut throat person to do it

Interview Questions

• Who out of the four of you should stay and pick one who should not be chosen   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

1. Brief Phone call 2. Online interview 3. 3 hour Interview in person at the headquarters (or over Skype). The first part is a behavioural interview and the second part was a case. 4. Team Simulation - after the simulation is complete, they only move about half of the interviewees forward to the next step of the interview process. They do this on the same day, so some people have to leave while others have to spend hours waiting for the panel interview 5. 4 on 4 panel interview with Executives from the company. The panel interview was extremely intimidating and the interviewers were quite rude...They constantly pinned the interviewees against each other and communicated a very cut-throat corporate culture in the company

Ldp Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Online app, Video interview, online test, 2 hour in person/skype interview- one hour case study and one hour behavioural,
    Final day of testing - group case study, executive interview.
    After very interesting group case study, some people cut out of the system, then final stage was the executive interview which was 5 executives interviewing 4 applicants - Not easy, applicants asked to critique each others answers
    Very quick process. all happened within 3 weeks. Feedback from interviews within 20 minutes of finishing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain mortgage to 8 year old in 3 lines   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

7 Rounds
    1- Phone HR Interview
    2- Online Math/Logic Test
    3- Video Interview (Online)
    4- In person interview with Manager
    5- In person interview with Director
    6- Business Case Simulation with Group of Candidates
    7- Exec interview panel with candidates that performed well form #6

Interview Questions

• Besides your typical interview questions (Strengths, Weakness, leadership, etc) the rest were random and required to use quick logic and good communication.

Example:
      - What do you think of McDonald's strategy
      - What would your friends say about you
      - What should tim hortons do to ensure marketing is effective
      - Where should tim hortons expand next and why
      - Why are you weird   Answer Question