Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.9

Team Member Interview

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. How hiring is handled depends on the employer and the systems they have in place for screening and evaluating potential new hires.

Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and also gave the manager a letter to put myself out there since I really wanted the job at the time. I got called and had to complete a second additional application online. I went in for an interview with the Assistant Manager and it was all fairly easy, basic interview questions. Then I went in for a second interview with the Store Manager and it was pretty much the same thing, except we went over additional details of the hiring process including wage and uniform. I accepted the job at that second interview and went in for training about a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question
    • Why would you make a good addition to the Tim Horton's team?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer was unhappy with the way their order came out (Ex: Coffee was made wrong)?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the job. They called me back for an interview after a few days. Interview was very easy, I essentially just listened to a guy talk about his job, while smiling and nodding. A few questions were asked, but in general, nothing was too hard.

Interview Questions

• In the event that a customer spilled their coffee, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Peterborough, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

You normally go into one of their restaurants and let them know you have an interview, they usually offer a coffee or tea, and then you sit and wait for the supervisor to interview you. The interview usually takes about 5 - 10 minutes. It's normally fairly casual, but I'm sure that it can vary.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

It was basic and to the point. No "tell me about yourself," which I was ready for. She just went through the list. Simple questions like when can I work, how will I get to work, etc. Though I didn't like how the interview was out around the customers, I was hoping for a more office, one on one interview without a back noise.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an ad for a position at the Tim Hortons on kijiji. I submitted my resume through the ad online as well as doing an online application. I then received a call a week later to setup an interview. The interview was set up for a week from that call. I went in for the interview it was very easy if your prepared. The interviewer was very nice and made jokes to ease the mood. The interview only lasted 5 minutes. She said she would get back to me in a few days however she didn't. But I got a call offering me the position 2 weeks after the interview which is today (good Friday). I was told to come in Monday to get a welcome package.

Sales Development Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was challenging and fulfilling. Started with a phone interview, followed by 1:1 interview. Explained all the details of the job and deliverable goals. Had behavioral questions which evaluated people skills and attitude. Flexible timing and good feedback. Overall, it was a good experience. I would like to thank Tim Horton's for their time and encouraging feedback.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Was the basic scripted interview questions you can google and find, as long as you dont screw it up your likley to be hired. Tim Horton has a very brick and mortar process for hiring and like usual there is paperwork and processing time. You also receive on the job training in video which are informative but does not not accurately reflect workplace conditions from store to store.

Interview Questions

• Be honest what are your plans in the future   1 Answer

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unorganized. It was more difficult then it should've been. I would recommend everyone to not waste their time. They are looking for someone to overwork with minimal pay. The way they parted the interviewees at the final interview was brutal and reminded me of "picking teams" during elementary school soccer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership?
      Pricing strategies... etc.
      Marketing questions
      Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a call after 4 days of applying online. Easy interview. They ask a little of bit my background, just to know about me and they also ask for availability. They don't expect you to have amazing specs as long as you present yourself respectfully.