Tim Hortons Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.7

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Simple questions regarding information given on my resume. The manager asked basic questions in the restaurant lobby about my previous employments and education and in the end asked if I could come in the next day to start training.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous job experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and Simple, I was hired on the spot. The location that I interviewed for was on springboro and they always seem to be hiring so they definitely needed someone fast. She asked me what hours I was willing to work, asked me if I had experience in food service, running a register etc. She told me to come in the next day wearing a black shirt and pants, and I started training. No drug screen or background check. I never had time to watch the training videos, they just stuck me right in.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability, job experience, are you willing to do all the duties described, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was on an average interview. Lasted way too long for just a fast food restaurant position. It was a 1:1 interview and I sat down with the manager at first, then the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer complained that their beverage wasn't made correctly?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything related to the company and my concerns at all.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in September 2014.

Interview

I applied at snagajob.com and last Thursday I was then called, and I was invited in for an interview on Saturday the 27th. However I received word from a different job i applied to, and I was hired. I then called Tim Hortons to explain the situation, and to cancel my interview. When I called on the 25th, I was rudely told that I had missed my interview, and that he was not interested in talking to me. I proceeded to tell him that my interview was scheduled for the 27th, and that I had not in fact, "missed it". Then I told him that I had been hired somewhere else, and he said "Good, goodbye". I am quite glad that I was not hired by someone who has such a lack of common courtesy. I had received no e-mail confirmation of the interview, and the whole process was very unprofessional. I would advise anyone who is considering applying for a job here, to go to Dunkin Donuts.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions of the phone interview were difficult, but I was taken aback by the rudeness of the management.   Answer Question

I found a better job, with better pay, and a more courteous and professional management.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (East Lansing, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Team Member Interview

Interview

It's not always quick and easy to get hired. The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. How hiring is handled depends on the employer and the systems they have in place for screening and evaluating potential new hires.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

It was basic and to the point. No "tell me about yourself," which I was ready for. She just went through the list. Simple questions like when can I work, how will I get to work, etc. Though I didn't like how the interview was out around the customers, I was hoping for a more office, one on one interview without a back noise.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

I applied online for part time team member and I received an email appointment for an interview. On the interview day, There were many people came and I had to wait for haft an hour for my turn. The manager asked some questions about my experience and the hospitality. Then he asked me to wait for a call because he needed to check the shift for other locations.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

When I first applied to Tim Hortons they were professional and warm welcoming. They offered tea or coffee to any of the interviewees. Tim Hortons conducts group interviews in the most case. It is a straight forward interview about the reasons you want to work with this company and what benefits you may bring upon the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at Tim Hortons?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question
    • Are you aware of the 8 hour shifts with 30 minute paid break in which you cannot leave the building?   Answer Question