Tim Hortons Tim Hortons Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

1.8

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Erlanger, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They went down a paper and asked the questions that were required. The questions weren't very personal and we're pretty standard. It seemed like they were gauging how committed you are and if you were willing to do certain things. They hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Tim Hortons

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was very quick, maybe less than 5 minutes. It was a lot of person questions and what I think of the company, no "strengths and weaknesses" questions. Pretty easy and laid back.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Applied online and within the next week, received a call for interview. The interview was very general and asked personal questions as well as questions about how well I work well with others. Immediately set-up a second interview while at the first interview. I received the offer for the job a few days after the second interview. Total hiring time was about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Mount Pleasant, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Mount Pleasant, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Called about the position, got an interview with assistant manager, then the store manager. Was a fairly quick process as they definitely needed people to fill the position. Seemed a little excess to have two interviews for a fast-food job, but it was fine. Both were nice people.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2015.

Interview

I showed up a little bit early, told them I was there for an interview, and they offered me a coffee and muffin, which was nice. The manager introduced herself, and then sent to get the owner, who was conducting the interview. He was a really sweet man, and he told me to smile, because I looked nervous. The interview was pretty quick, and he was really nice the entire time. I was offered the job at the end, and then asked to come back the next day with my documents so we could sign papers and get me on the schedule.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in July 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process was fairly simple I brought in a resume and was asked what specifically I did for each item under experience. I was also asked about my knowledge of Tim Hortons. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE BUSINESS!!! If you do it leaves a great mark on the employer.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't one if you do some studying of the buisness   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everybody on here says there's no way to get above minimum wage but I was offered in at 8.00 dollars an hour which is what I was hoping for.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Detroit, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview wasn't that long. The owner basically asked questions about myself and that's pretty much it. It wasn't any difficult or changelling questions that made it awkward. The owner was very nice and she also explained the history of Tim Hortons and how it all started.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got a call to come in for an interview about 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The manager went over store policy, uniforms, etc and asked why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. He stressed MANY times that the store was the busiest in the area during mornings and that it's high-stress. I said I was okay with that and a quick learner. We talked for maybe 30 minutes and then scheduled a second interview for the next day.

Next day I walked in and talked with a different manager. She said that since I had no experience with quick service food then I might have trouble catching on. She asked what I went to college for and why I wanted to work for Tim Horton's. It's hard not to shout "because I need money and the economy sucks!" but I insisted I wanted something part-time so I could pursue a Master's Degree. After talking for about 20 minutes we scheduled orientation and she took my sizes for uniform.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with food?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation... they talked about how they paid employees and how being late, missing work days, etc affected your pay for the week. We didn't talk base salary (yet) but surely we will during orientation.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got emailed after applying a day later asking to come in for interview. Walked in to the interview which was very informal , all the staff sat around. It was one to one interview and he was very calming and informal as if it was just a chat. He read questions from a piece of paper, asked my availability and went off to the other managers to discuss, and within 30 seconds after the interview he offered me the job there and then.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the job. They called me back for an interview after a few days. Interview was very easy, I essentially just listened to a guy talk about his job, while smiling and nodding. A few questions were asked, but in general, nothing was too hard.

Interview Questions

• In the event that a customer spilled their coffee, how would you handle it?   1 Answer