Tim Hortons Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

1.9

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in December 2017.

Interview

Round 1 is a short phone interview. It's pretty standard and I think almost everyone passes round 1 as long as there are no major red flags.

Round 2 is a behavioural Skype interview. Since most people are ready to answer questions about items on their resume, they twist it a little bit and ask about your high school experience instead of university experience. Be quick and natural and you'll be fine.

Round 3 is another Skype interview, more on the technical side. I got a case on pricing Timmies products but it was probably the easiest case I've ever seen (and I'm not even experienced in cases). There is some basic math involved, but it's VERY basic. The final product recommendation was super easy, it was the option that was the cheapest and had the highest revenue. TLDR it's easy.

Round 4 is super day at their Oakville HQ. Morning starts with a review of RBI, tour, etc. Round 1 of the day is literally a business game where you work in a group of 4, each group is in charge of a different region (AP vs. North America, etc) and each region has different criteria for growth, price elasticity, etc. There are 4-5 round, and each round you can change price, ad budget or a couple of other factors and they have a simulator that gives you the results of your changes. If you do terrible on the game, it doesn't mean you're out but it does count against you a bit. Just make sure you can justify your answers and even if you screw up, make sure you explain why you think that happened.

After that it's lunch and then after lunch they cut 1/3-1/2 of the applicants. Final round is a rapid fire panel with Tim's C-level execs (CEO, CMO, CFO). Key is to keep your calm, and explain your answers. It was actually not as scary as people make it and I had fun doing it. There is the classic "who would you hire/fire on the panel question".

All in all process was pretty fun, recruiters were nice and I learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite course in high school? Why is it your favorite?
      What's 39 *39?
      Explain subprime mortgage to an 6 year old.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was a 10 minute phone interview the day after. I think they needed a person right away, because I was offered a job on the spot with little to no questions other than "When are you available".

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

There was only one interview held for the position. Most questions were about availability, skills and customer service. It was pretty quick and straightforward. The interview questions were what can be expected for a restaurant interview.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They don't hire quality workers, so anyone can get the interview and be hired. It's good because, more people have work opportunities, but honestly just ask for a form, fill-it-up and you got your-self a crappy job.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Scarborough, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview started with greeting each other. I was dressed semi-formally since it is a management position. The operations Manager interviewed me starting with some casual talks.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to apply for this role?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and the recruiter asked basic questions relating to interest and salary expectations. I noticed that the recruiter also tried very hard to sell the culture of the company which was contradictory with the reviews on this website. After a few days I was invited to an in person interview with 2 members of senior management (which turned into 3 when I went in).

The first interview was about my strengths, the background of the interviewer and the culture and the second interview consisted of some more behavioural types of questions. After the second interview the senior management member invited a third person in who hadn't reviewed my resume looked disinterested and asked questions that an applicant would have no idea how to answer unless they were part of the business already. This individual was also very condescending.

After a couple of days I received a standard HR response stating that I interviewed very well and had impressive experience but wasn't selected. The reviews/tips on this website definitely align with my experience here.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (North York, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was nice,starting of with normal question answer round and then the manager asked for my studies and why do I need to work for what reasons ,availability,etc followed by many other questions.

Interview Questions

• How will I manage job and university together?   1 Answer

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

first, we were asked to fill out a paper stating our names and availability. I was interviewed by three employers. Only one of the three asked the questions. They had friendly faces except for the one that was asking the questions, seemed like he had a long day. The questions were basic interview questions, fairly simple.

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unorganized. It was more difficult then it should've been. I would recommend everyone to not waste their time. They are looking for someone to overwork with minimal pay. The way they parted the interviewees at the final interview was brutal and reminded me of "picking teams" during elementary school soccer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership?
      Pricing strategies... etc.
      Marketing questions   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an ad for a position at the Tim Hortons on kijiji. I submitted my resume through the ad online as well as doing an online application. I then received a call a week later to setup an interview. The interview was set up for a week from that call. I went in for the interview it was very easy if your prepared. The interviewer was very nice and made jokes to ease the mood. The interview only lasted 5 minutes. She said she would get back to me in a few days however she didn't. But I got a call offering me the position 2 weeks after the interview which is today (good Friday). I was told to come in Monday to get a welcome package.