Tim Hortons Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview and the recruiter asked basic questions relating to interest and salary expectations. I noticed that the recruiter also tried very hard to sell the culture of the company which was contradictory with the reviews on this website. After a few days I was invited to an in person interview with 2 members of senior management (which turned into 3 when I went in).

The first interview was about my strengths, the background of the interviewer and the culture and the second interview consisted of some more behavioural types of questions. After the second interview the senior management member invited a third person in who hadn't reviewed my resume looked disinterested and asked questions that an applicant would have no idea how to answer unless they were part of the business already. This individual was also very condescending.

After a couple of days I received a standard HR response stating that I interviewed very well and had impressive experience but wasn't selected. The reviews/tips on this website definitely align with my experience here.

Store Front Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (North York, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was nice,starting of with normal question answer round and then the manager asked for my studies and why do I need to work for what reasons ,availability,etc followed by many other questions.

Interview Questions

• How will I manage job and university together?   1 Answer

Ldp Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely unorganized. It was more difficult then it should've been. I would recommend everyone to not waste their time. They are looking for someone to overwork with minimal pay. The way they parted the interviewees at the final interview was brutal and reminded me of "picking teams" during elementary school soccer.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership?
      Pricing strategies... etc.
      Marketing questions
      Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Whitby, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was an ad for a position at the Tim Hortons on kijiji. I submitted my resume through the ad online as well as doing an online application. I then received a call a week later to setup an interview. The interview was set up for a week from that call. I went in for the interview it was very easy if your prepared. The interviewer was very nice and made jokes to ease the mood. The interview only lasted 5 minutes. She said she would get back to me in a few days however she didn't. But I got a call offering me the position 2 weeks after the interview which is today (good Friday). I was told to come in Monday to get a welcome package.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The manager described the role and what was expected of each team member. The company policies on food handling and health and safety. Pay rates and raises. Asked about previous employment and if I had references

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview. Then on site interview. Phone interview was pleasant as recruiter was down to earth. When I went onsite to meet the managers, they were both rude and gave off a terrible impression. It's like they wanted me to do horribly on the interview. I knew right then I didn't want to work for them so I tuned out for the remaining time left wishing I never went.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

They asked me very few questions, mostly involving my after school activities and basically gave me the job while explaining the shifts I would have. Thou I mentioned I couldn't work weekends bf of family issues. After, they were very rude and telling me I should ask my parents, and that I'm almost an adult so I can make my own decisions. I was not pleased and felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any after after school activities?   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via linkedin by their HR team.

1 phone interview, 1 in person with 2 lawyers.
    Very straight forward, basic interview questions.
    Tell me a joke, what is your fav book, etc. Had to write up a clause for a situational question.

I basically winged the interview, i don't think i was qualified.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I went there and asked for the manager. I met manager, they told me to come another day a d then i met manager and senior manager . We sat and talked about previous job. Then i gave my resume. They called me again I met them and then they offered me offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are good for this job?   1 Answer

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and was called for an interview on Sunday. Went in, they gave me a free coffee, the whole interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was hired the same day after the manager spoke to one of my references. Pretty easy interview, I was asked basic questions about what I did in my last job as a waitress/cashier and how many hours I want etc. Overall, not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan to work here, and why should we hire you?   Answer Question