Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Submit an online application, then wait months (or weeks depending on how early you submit your application) to receive an invitation to a video interview on the Take the Interview platform. This was only four questions, and you had 30 seconds to 1 minute to come up with your response.

Interview Questions

• Name a recent time that you've had to make a quick decision, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR, asked basic questions. Then had two on sites with managers, director, & VP. Everyone was very laid back and cool. If you can explain why you want to work there and what skills you have to offer, you'll be fine.

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application online, heard back a week or two after the application deadline requesting a video interview. Video interview consisted of pre-set questions, had about a minute to record your answer then submit video

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a personal connection. Took about a month to get in to the meeting. Was a mostly friendly environment. I met with my contact and with human resources. People were mostly nice but did seem like a tense work environment.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

The initial contact was a brief phone screen. Interviewers were pleasant. They asked standard questions. The initial contact was a brief phone screen. Interviewers were pleasant. They asked standard questions.

Technical Sales Support Interview

Interview

Began with an interview with Human Resources. Went well, and the position was half remote, so there were three more individual phone interviews with the manager and the other team members. After the three interviews, company went radio silent and did not contact me back. I followed up with them twice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Thet required an initial online info form and then later contacted me about a video interview. They wanted your educational background, resume, and general info. I assume they extend a video interview to nearly everyone.

News Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Having come from a background with many years of experience that ideally suited this particular title, I'd applied a few times when I saw there was a position going. Then, out of the blue, many months after my last application, I received an email from HR asking me for a phone interview. I insisted on meeting in person instead, since I positively loathe being "screened by phone". That went well and despite the fact that it seemed to be taking a long time to arrange, I was asked in again to meet the department head, as such. (I believe everyone at Time Inc has given themselves some sort of "Director" job, which is utterly absurd...but perfectly suits this top-heavy company.)

After passing through the main entrance security and the Department Director was notified of my arrival, I took the elevator to the specific floor...where I was left waiting for over 20 minutes, between the elevators and the next set of security doors. There was no chair, no air conditioning and very little to do except pace up and down, read and re-read the emergency evacuation instructions. Had there been a fire that morning, I would've known exactly what to do.

The Department Director eventually arrived and let me in. There was no real apology however. No meeting room had been arranged so we wandered about and finally sat in a noisy corridor. Frankly, she displayed no genuine interest in me and it seemed this appointment was something of a burden to her.

Worst of all, she happily admitted she hadn't even read my résumé.

At which I *should've* asked why she was wasting my time...but I didn't. I was polite and professional and continued on with the interview. Do these people not prepare for meetings..? I was then introduced to another Director who seemed equally disinterested.

The whole experience had me wondering why I'd been asked in, when clearly there was no interest at all. Does HR have some kind of quota they must full each quarter? It left a very bad taste in my mouth and I concluded this really wasn't the kind of place I'd enjoy working.

I've lived and worked in a number of different countries and I've never been treated as unprofessionally as this.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work history, 'cause they hadn't bothered to even read my résumé.   Answer Question

Photo Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I knew the person interviewing me; she offered me a great deal of advice in our phone call as I didn't have enough experience, so I found another position at another place to further my experience in the field... I'll reapply in the near future when the position opens up.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience staging and directing photos in a commercial studio setting?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. in June 2016.

Interview

Received an automated email to take a a recorded interview. There were about five questions, and the answers are recorded. It took a few weeks to hear back from them. The downside is that there is no email to write and ask for an update.