Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Director Interview

Interview

Had multiple in person meetings, phone calls etc. made two trips to offices - total lovefest all the way. Was then completely ghosted. Would never consider this company again. So very telling of the environment. Thankful that I completely dodged a bullet. I moved forward with another offer from a company with much less turmoil. I was grateful for the way it turned out - but surprised by the lack of professionalism by seasoned executives. Don't waste your time here. The company is a mess.

Email Marketing and Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial call with HR was thorough. In-person interview was a few days later with 2 managers at separate times. Conversation was in-depth and interview went well. I followed up and a week later, at 7pm on a Friday, I got a voicemail that they chose a different candidate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First the recruiter gave an overview of the position. Next the recruiter asked me some general questions on my professional background and my experience as a CPA. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was referred by an employee and had a very long conversation with a recruiter. Never heard back. While I can't hold it against someone for thinking I'm not right for the role, a quick 'you didn't make it' message is the least you can do for someone you interviewed (particularly via an internal referral).

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Very extensive interview process to assess your talent. All of the people I met with were smart, knowledgeable, and had interesting careers thus far. They are trying to weed out top notch talent vs. mediocre ones.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical interview questions, general knowledge about the industry, and understanding of recent trends.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Got phone interview with HR first and was invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewers were all very nice and the whole process was pretty laid back. They introduced a lot about the whole team and daily jobs and were willing to answer all questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Four rounds of one to one interview session with manager and other team members. More of behavioral questions than technical. At last had 40 minutes of phone interview which was technical. Everyone were super friendly. A great company to work and build one's career. I would love to join Time Inc. you will love the weather and views outside the office.

Interview Questions

• How LVM snapshot works? And working mechanism of ZFS snapshot?   Answer Question
    • Standard Linux interview questions? If you know the Linux basics you will be fine.   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Submitted application and heard back a week after the deadline. Was asked to partake in a video interview where I was asked 4 questions. Was never contacted directly by a recruiter.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant and formal pre-screen phone interview with talent director. Follow-up on-site interview was not impressionable. Did not get interviewed by managers I was scheduled to meet with. Instead, I was met with two designers of the team. Not a bad thing as you would get to know the daily run of the show. However, they seemed unprepared to interview me with any relevant or useful questions. I felt that I was leading the interview process instead.

I did email talent director a follow-up email for an update post interview. No response.

Editor Interview

Interview

Great! Communicative and nice. The hiring manager was kind, and she wrote me a thoughtful email even though I didn't get the offer. The entire process took about 2.2 months, though, so be patient.