Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Pretty easy interview experience. I had another offer but was hoping to land this position instead. I informed the recruiter of the urgency and my high interest in the position. They were able to speed up the process and get me an offer within a few days of my in person interview.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a personal connection. Took about a month to get in to the meeting. Was a mostly friendly environment. I met with my contact and with human resources. People were mostly nice but did seem like a tense work environment.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

The initial contact was a brief phone screen. Interviewers were pleasant. They asked standard questions. The initial contact was a brief phone screen. Interviewers were pleasant. They asked standard questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

It was a phone call, video cover letter, in person interview. They asked a few behavioral questions and that was it. It was easy and took only a few weeks. They were very nice and I felt comfortable the whole time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Phone screen: talked about position and team. They wanted to know about my past projects. It seemed like they were interested in my ability to explain how what I had done in the past could be applied to this role

2. In person: seemed rather unobtrusive. Other companies had in-depth coding assignments or challenges but Time had simple syntax questions and one or two algorithms

Technical Sales Support Interview

Interview

Began with an interview with Human Resources. Went well, and the position was half remote, so there were three more individual phone interviews with the manager and the other team members. After the three interviews, company went radio silent and did not contact me back. I followed up with them twice.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Thet required an initial online info form and then later contacted me about a video interview. They wanted your educational background, resume, and general info. I assume they extend a video interview to nearly everyone.

News Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Having come from a background with many years of experience that ideally suited this particular title, I'd applied a few times when I saw there was a position going. Then, out of the blue, many months after my last application, I received an email from HR asking me for a phone interview. I insisted on meeting in person instead, since I positively loathe being "screened by phone". That went well and despite the fact that it seemed to be taking a long time to arrange, I was asked in again to meet the department head, as such. (I believe everyone at Time Inc has given themselves some sort of "Director" job, which is utterly absurd...but perfectly suits this top-heavy company.)

After passing through the main entrance security and the Department Director was notified of my arrival, I took the elevator to the specific floor...where I was left waiting for over 20 minutes, between the elevators and the next set of security doors. There was no chair, no air conditioning and very little to do except pace up and down, read and re-read the emergency evacuation instructions. Had there been a fire that morning, I would've known exactly what to do.

The Department Director eventually arrived and let me in. There was no real apology however. No meeting room had been arranged so we wandered about and finally sat in a noisy corridor. Frankly, she displayed no genuine interest in me and it seemed this appointment was something of a burden to her.

Worst of all, she happily admitted she hadn't even read my résumé.

At which I *should've* asked why she was wasting my time...but I didn't. I was polite and professional and continued on with the interview. Do these people not prepare for meetings..? I was then introduced to another Director who seemed equally disinterested.

The whole experience had me wondering why I'd been asked in, when clearly there was no interest at all. Does HR have some kind of quota they must full each quarter? It left a very bad taste in my mouth and I concluded this really wasn't the kind of place I'd enjoy working.

I've lived and worked in a number of different countries and I've never been treated as unprofessionally as this.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work history, 'cause they hadn't bothered to even read my résumé.   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

I sat down with the then head of the video department. We talked and got to know one another a bit. The manager asked me a few personal questions. I asked the manager a few questions about the job and the direction of the company. The manager asked me specific questions regarding the field I would be covering. The interview went well and later that evening I was asked to join the team.

Photo Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. I knew the person interviewing me; she offered me a great deal of advice in our phone call as I didn't have enough experience, so I found another position at another place to further my experience in the field... I'll reapply in the near future when the position opens up.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience staging and directing photos in a commercial studio setting?   1 Answer