Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Recruiter called early, then missed our scheduled appointment. We rescheduled...this time he kept his appointment. Interview went seemingly well, and then....GHOST. It's been a week+. No email, phonecall...no nothing. If you are a talented engineer, take your talents elsewhere. Poor interview process is often indicative of poor company culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

talked to the recruiter, and couple rounds on site . Then did a project for the group. They got back to me very quickly. It was a fairly technical role, they wanted someone with tech background and willing to learn the business

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

I did a phone interview then a Skype interview the following week. The phone interview was with the person I would be working for directly. The second interview including an HR employee and the head of the department I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay connected to what is going on in the world (e.g. politics, entertainment, human interest stories, etc.)   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Interview

Had multiple in person meetings, phone calls etc. made two trips to offices - total lovefest all the way. Was then completely ghosted. Would never consider this company again. So very telling of the environment. Thankful that I completely dodged a bullet. I moved forward with another offer from a company with much less turmoil. I was grateful for the way it turned out - but surprised by the lack of professionalism by seasoned executives. Don't waste your time here. The company is a mess.

Email Marketing and Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial call with HR was thorough. In-person interview was a few days later with 2 managers at separate times. Conversation was in-depth and interview went well. I followed up and a week later, at 7pm on a Friday, I got a voicemail that they chose a different candidate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First the recruiter gave an overview of the position. Next the recruiter asked me some general questions on my professional background and my experience as a CPA. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was referred by an employee and had a very long conversation with a recruiter. Never heard back. While I can't hold it against someone for thinking I'm not right for the role, a quick 'you didn't make it' message is the least you can do for someone you interviewed (particularly via an internal referral).

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Very extensive interview process to assess your talent. All of the people I met with were smart, knowledgeable, and had interesting careers thus far. They are trying to weed out top notch talent vs. mediocre ones.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical interview questions, general knowledge about the industry, and understanding of recent trends.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Got phone interview with HR first and was invited to an onsite interview. Onsite interviewers were all very nice and the whole process was pretty laid back. They introduced a lot about the whole team and daily jobs and were willing to answer all questions.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Four rounds of one to one interview session with manager and other team members. More of behavioral questions than technical. At last had 40 minutes of phone interview which was technical. Everyone were super friendly. A great company to work and build one's career. I would love to join Time Inc. you will love the weather and views outside the office.

Interview Questions

• How LVM snapshot works? And working mechanism of ZFS snapshot?   Answer Question
    • Standard Linux interview questions? If you know the Linux basics you will be fine.   Answer Question