Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly amazing and straight forward. My recruiting partner was very transparent throughout the entire process. It started with a phone screening followed by a meeting with the recruiter and the hiring manager lastly a meeting with the VP of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your keyword research strategy and execution process   Answer Question

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

Submitted application and heard back a week after the deadline. Was asked to partake in a video interview where I was asked 4 questions. Was never contacted directly by a recruiter.

Software Development Engineer-Full Stack (MEAN) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First round hr - basic stuff ,if you decent communication you will be through this and may have impact later too i guess

Technical - there will be two technical rounds some days they will take hacker earth,but was not there for me.
    I only had one technical round which was good and deep that requires the good knowledge of the programming language also you may be asked to write some code.If you are for java/spring background you will have lot of crowd there to compete with.
    If you are javascript developer expect some questions from nodejs,react,angularjs.es6 which are not that difficult if know how these frameworks work.
    Following which you will have managerial, don't take this lightly.

Interview Questions

• How can you write js on server(how nodejs was built),v8 engine,libuv,comparison of spa frameworks,
      es6 typescript features,closures etc
      Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They had been looking for somebody to fill this role for quite awhile. I happened to be in the right place at the right time, so I was hired right after they interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• This is an admin role, so it is mostly about personality fit   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Interview

Great! Communicative and nice. The hiring manager was kind, and she wrote me a thoughtful email even though I didn't get the offer. The entire process took about 2.2 months, though, so be patient.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was scheduled through an employee referral. I had 4 rounds that included written test (accounting & aptitude& email), excel test and 2 technical rounds....the whole process took around 6 hours. The hr was very good n made me very comfortable, lunch was also provided....even after clearing the final round, i didn't hear from them. I also mailed to the HR for the feedback of the interview but never heard from him.

Interview Questions

• BRS, Journal entires, few behaviourial questions, past experience and questions related to my CV   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

My would be supervisor met me at a restaurant, and basically confirmed that on the strength of the recommendation he was already prepared to recommend I be hired. He then proceeded to list what the job expectations were. He also explained what the responsibilities and tools of the role would be. Both of those were exaggerated beyond reality.

Interview Questions

• "You've done that before right?" "that" refers to all the duties he'd listed in our conversation, which I was and am experienced in, but it was a most informal conversation.   1 Answer

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Submit an online application, then wait months (or weeks depending on how early you submit your application) to receive an invitation to a video interview on the Take the Interview platform. This was only four questions, and you had 30 seconds to 1 minute to come up with your response.

Interview Questions

• Name a recent time that you've had to make a quick decision, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

first they said one written test and two technical and that process took whole day (Saturday) and end of the day they said you will get call from HR in 2 days but I got call from HR after 2 weeks that too after many follow-ups. again they said you have one more round of combination of both technical and manager with video call from USA. after completing that finally they said you are rejected to this opportunity. its not completely acceptable and wasted my time and hopes.

Postgraduate Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application online, heard back a week or two after the application deadline requesting a video interview. Video interview consisted of pre-set questions, had about a minute to record your answer then submit video