Time Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

I wasn't really interviewed, I was recommended by a colleague. After being put in touch with the post-production supervisor, we played phone tag for a few weeks until I was available for a job. Once hired, the job was extended and I kept working with the team I was placed with.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for the days we're looking for?   1 Answer

Pre Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Manager needed to know how committed you would be. Needed to realize that your skill sets matched what the job was looking for. Also required a technical test of certain applications. Understanding the Adobe Suite was helpful to the process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview Scheduled by Consultancy for Time Inc. first round is HackerRank written test.
    Questions like String Anagram program and remain core Java Objective questions. Questions are not tricky . we can crack this interview with proper prepration.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds in total only one round was technical, one managerial & another was an telephonic with stakeholders.

I was called to their office on a weekday, they don't do interviews on weekends. The HR process was smooth after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions. They work on SQL & JSP so some questions on that. And one question on problem solving.

Find out the max profit you can make by buying and selling a stock when given a list having entities of time stamp and stock value.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Recruiter called early, then missed our scheduled appointment. We rescheduled...this time he kept his appointment. Interview went seemingly well, and then....GHOST. It's been a week+. No email, phonecall...no nothing. If you are a talented engineer, take your talents elsewhere. Poor interview process is often indicative of poor company culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

talked to the recruiter, and couple rounds on site . Then did a project for the group. They got back to me very quickly. It was a fairly technical role, they wanted someone with tech background and willing to learn the business

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc..

Interview

I did a phone interview then a Skype interview the following week. The phone interview was with the person I would be working for directly. The second interview including an HR employee and the head of the department I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay connected to what is going on in the world (e.g. politics, entertainment, human interest stories, etc.)   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Inc. (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview - brush up yourself with Microsoft soft excel, related formulas, pivot table..first round will be with HR..second round with the senior manager.. Third round Video conference will be conducted with the client from US..fourth round will be with HR finalizing the salary..Most important confidence, be calm

Interview Questions

• About prior company portfolio   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Interview

Had multiple in person meetings, phone calls etc. made two trips to offices - total lovefest all the way. Was then completely ghosted. Would never consider this company again. So very telling of the environment. Thankful that I completely dodged a bullet. I moved forward with another offer from a company with much less turmoil. I was grateful for the way it turned out - but surprised by the lack of professionalism by seasoned executives. Don't waste your time here. The company is a mess.

Email Marketing and Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial call with HR was thorough. In-person interview was a few days later with 2 managers at separate times. Conversation was in-depth and interview went well. I followed up and a week later, at 7pm on a Friday, I got a voicemail that they chose a different candidate.