Time Inc. Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Very extensive interview process to assess your talent. All of the people I met with were smart, knowledgeable, and had interesting careers thus far. They are trying to weed out top notch talent vs. mediocre ones.

Interview Questions

• Lots of typical interview questions, general knowledge about the industry, and understanding of recent trends.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Four rounds of one to one interview session with manager and other team members. More of behavioral questions than technical. At last had 40 minutes of phone interview which was technical. Everyone were super friendly. A great company to work and build one's career. I would love to join Time Inc. you will love the weather and views outside the office.

Interview Questions

• How LVM snapshot works? And working mechanism of ZFS snapshot?   Answer Question
    • Standard Linux interview questions? If you know the Linux basics you will be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant and formal pre-screen phone interview with talent director. Follow-up on-site interview was not impressionable. Did not get interviewed by managers I was scheduled to meet with. Instead, I was met with two designers of the team. Not a bad thing as you would get to know the daily run of the show. However, they seemed unprepared to interview me with any relevant or useful questions. I felt that I was leading the interview process instead.

I did email talent director a follow-up email for an update post interview. No response.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Received a call from HR, asked basic questions. Then had two on sites with managers, director, & VP. Everyone was very laid back and cool. If you can explain why you want to work there and what skills you have to offer, you'll be fine.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly amazing and straight forward. My recruiting partner was very transparent throughout the entire process. It started with a phone screening followed by a meeting with the recruiter and the hiring manager lastly a meeting with the VP of the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your keyword research strategy and execution process   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. Interviewed by the person that was leaving the position. No real insight to the role, department, and what is expected of the new hire. Bad interviewer that made me not want to accept the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything about your resume, yourself, why you want to work here, and can you work late hours...all asked at once.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a personal connection. Took about a month to get in to the meeting. Was a mostly friendly environment. I met with my contact and with human resources. People were mostly nice but did seem like a tense work environment.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Spoke with an employee over email for about a week and then was asked to have a phone interview. Over the phone I was told about the new company initiatives and talked about what I could contribute to the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Phone screen: talked about position and team. They wanted to know about my past projects. It seemed like they were interested in my ability to explain how what I had done in the past could be applied to this role

2. In person: seemed rather unobtrusive. Other companies had in-depth coding assignments or challenges but Time had simple syntax questions and one or two algorithms

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Thet required an initial online info form and then later contacted me about a video interview. They wanted your educational background, resume, and general info. I assume they extend a video interview to nearly everyone.