Time Warner Cable Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Cable Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.6

140 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Austin, TX).

Interview

You usually need to apply online and take part in a few tests. You will then be contacted for an interview. Oftentimes, they host hiring events right on site. They are always needing more representatives so it is highly likely that you may be hired in a speedy manner. If you have creative strategies to customer service, be sure to share this. They are mostly interested in how you speak, what you're like, as they imagine the customer's experience with you if hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an agitated customer during the first minute of the call?   5 Answers

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation process but the offer was sufficient.

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Flushing, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was systematic. The initial interview is over the phone. Once you passed the phone interview, they will invite you for a personal interview in their office. The personal interview runs for two hours. Theres a tour of the whole facility. The one on one interview will begin after the tour. Three people will be facilitating the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were mostly to guage your customer service skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given an online assessment, then a follow up phone interview
    lastly an in person interview with 3 manager which included a billing role play
    The interviewer mumbled and I was not able to effectively answers questions and it was downhill from there

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Because keeping the customer happy is the main role of a customer service agent, much of the interview was designed to learn if the potential employee had the personality and skills to provide the customer a competent, confident, and an overall attitude that the customer is king. As the first person representing the company they will encounter, it is important to know it will be your job to build positive relationships with them. The questions wee situational mainly and there was some role playing. Overall, the interview was comprehensive and there were many forms to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given 10 tasks but only have time for 8?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Endicott, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

nterview
    I submited my resume through Indeed.com.I was required to complete a lengthy assessment.The assessment included behavioral questions and multiple choice customer service scenarios. I received a call from recruiter about a week later .I was scheduled for an interview which was conducted by three managers.I was contacted within 48hrs with a decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cheektowaga, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy test and interviews. Typical questions, they say zero tolerance for attendance during training, even for court or medical appointments. I got the call offering me the job contingent on background and drug tests a few days later

Negotiation

I was offered the job several weeks ago and went for my drug screening over 2 weeks ago armed with my NYS medical marijuana card. They called back a week later to say they lost my urine so I went again. They called again yesterday to ask about the positive mj results and I told them I have all the necessary documentation. They called back a few more times, confused (clearly HR has not thought about this policy before despite it being legal all year) and finally just advised me that I will not be starting Monday due to the positive marijuana test REGARDLESS OF my being legally entitled to use it for side effects. He verified this multiple times so I wasn't confused as to the reason the were rescinding my offer 4 days before I was set to start and verified this was Time Warner /Charter Communications' policy. Yes! I'm allowed to reapply in 6 months if I stop using my legally dispensed cannabis oil.

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick easy just be yourself. Facility for interview was very clean. The hiring staff and supervisors I met with were very nice and helpful. Hiring process was very smooth no issues at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Flushing, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Received and email to complete assessment
    Completed assessment.
    Received response same day within a couple of hours.
    Scheduled phone interview, they called but we're behind schedule.
    Completed phone interview scheduled face to face.
    3 interviews and a tour 6 other candidates
    8 days later no response at all, follow up sent... no response positive or negative

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did not agree with management and what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

First an online assessment. Then I had a four step interview process. A tour of the call center, a personality test, situation test, and finally role playing where I had to act like an agent; helping a customer with a billing problem

Interview Questions

• Did you ever almost lose your temper with a customer? What was the problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Received email , from recruiter and information stated the date and time and address for interview. Went to the interview, was two employees in the interview , but only one asked all the questions

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you ever sold any product. 2. How did you handle upset customer.3. How did you solve a problem that came up. 4. Who was your recruiter. 5.Why did you choose Time Warner Cable.   1 Answer