Time Warner Cable Field Service Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Cable Field Service Technician Interview Questions

2.4

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Fremont, OH).

Interview

Applied online recoeved a call 2 weeks after i applied. Completed a phone interview with a recruiter passed said interview and she set me up with a face to face interview with the operations manager of my location. Completed interview and recieved a job offer about 1 week after interview. Let it be known that i have 0 experience in this field.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a fear of heights tight spaces?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Akron, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied 5 times over the course of a year, finally received a call from the HR recruiter asking why I had kept applying because my resume didn't reflect wanting to work in the cable industry and that I had only done customer service and credit fraud, finally was given an opportunity to go to the field tech center to have an interview it was pretty generic with two supervisors asking me questions. They seemed uninterested from the start and I explained to them all of my other backgrounds when it comes to technology and how much I know about the industry and working in a call center desk job environment was not my place. I feel I answered all the questions correctly and the strange part is my interview was at 9am I did not conclude the interview until about 10am and I received yet another generic response email saying I am no longer being considered for the position. Despite applying multiple times trying to prove my skills they had already determined before the interview even began that they would not hire me as they stated during the interview that all the questions are processed through a computer to calculate a score and they had three more interviews that same day and I would hear from them after. I followed all of HR'S advice dressed the part and was 10 minutes early, I explained all of my knowledge of networks, and cable installation and my growth potential. It was very easy to figure out I was going to be declined before the interview even started based off the email I received before I even made it back home. The sad part is I would have actually made a great fit and this was probably the worst interview tactic I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a job where the temperature was either very hot or very cold.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any technical cable installation expierence   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had bent the rules or broken the rules to get a job done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Staten Island, NY).

Interview

Laid back but manager was concerned about the person's attitude and some knowlege of technology. Thats was the general impression of gotten. There were 2 interviews. One with a general manager of basic screening. Then the next one with technical manager for the know how and attitude.. it was relatively quicl from the time I put the resume in to the time of hire.

Interview Questions

• Whats assurance do we have that you can do this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Arlington, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

You have to take an very extensive challenging test after filling out the application. If you pass, they'll contact you for the phone interview. It consists of their basic information and job requirements/benefits. You have 48 hours for a drug screen FROM THIS POINT. Next, you have an interview at your local Time Warner office. Usually two different interviewers at once. Easy interview. If you pass this then you wait til your background check is cleared.

Interview Questions

• How do you change wifi settings or passwords?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Casual atmosphere involving basic questions about background, experience, abilities and customer service experience. Multiple candidates for the same position were present in lobby and called individually into interview rooms. First question asked was whether there was any difficulty finding the location, likely pertinent to answer there were no regardless if there were or not considering the job description and position applied for. Entire process was about half an hour from arrival to completion of interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you successfully handled an irate customer   Answer Question

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

One interview with local Tech Ops Manager. Manager was very unprofessional. Politics everywhere with this company. I believe he was eating and burping during interview. He is now the Technical director and hasnt changed

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, about three days later I received an email asking me to RSVP a time for an interview. Went in, there were about 10 other people there as well. Watched a short video and waited until we were called to interview individually with a supervisor. Went smoothly, basic questions. Was called back two days later for another interview with two different supervisors. Told I would be contacted by my recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Killeen, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and completed and passed the assessment. I was contacted by email to schedule an interview. It was a group event, with multiple candidates present. We were put in a waiting area, where the recruiter gave a brief presentation on the job details, requirements, pay, and benefits. Afterwards we were interviewed individually by one of several supervisors.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Dayton, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I got called for the interview a day after applying for the position online. The guy was incredibly friendly. He gave me the details of the position and asked general questions. Then set up a follow up interview he next week.

Interview Questions

• Asked about driving record, whether I could lift up to 100 pounds and whether I was comfortable working outdoors as is sometimes required.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took a personality test. Next day got an email from a recruiter with basic information on the job and to reply back with why I would I be successful for this position and to provide any relevant technical skills. Next day got a phone call with the recruiter and was asked basic questions (why do you want to work for time warner cable? What do you do now?) I then was offered a face to face interview with two supervisors. The day of the interview I walked in and took a seat while they finished up another interview and was greeted afterwards by a hiring sup (super nice) and was told that he would right back. The manager which was also super nice and cool introduce himself and said there would be two supervisors interviewing me. Had the face to face interview which was very easy and very relaxing. Next day I was contact with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does this position consist of?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever applied to time warner? If not why did you apply to this position? And why do you want to work for time warner cable?   Answer Question
    • Name three web browsers?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to access the settings on a router?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a disagreement with management or a supervisor, what was it? And how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What kind of phone do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on my part since I had no prior install experience