Time Warner Cable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.6

Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (West Columbia, SC).

Interview

Recruiter called for interview, I missed the initial call & still got right back in touch with her. (They even sent an email right after telling me to call back) It was about a 15 minute interview process asking about sales experience, how you handle difficult customers, "what does does the word retention mean to you?", previous employment questions. The recruiter was very patient with me and reassuring that I shouldn't be nervous (because I definitely was). I was told the base pay rate and average commission made by Retention Reps. The last question was about availability for the mandatory paid training. Next thing you know I was off to the Second interview within the next 3 days with 2 Hiring Managers, I was told I would be reached out to by my recruiter within 1-7 days and to feel free to ask my recruiter any further questions I had about the position! (I knew I had it lol) Within 5 days, I was accepted for the position and had to do my drug screen and background check. 😊

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Because keeping the customer happy is the main role of a customer service agent, much of the interview was designed to learn if the potential employee had the personality and skills to provide the customer a competent, confident, and an overall attitude that the customer is king. As the first person representing the company they will encounter, it is important to know it will be your job to build positive relationships with them. The questions wee situational mainly and there was some role playing. Overall, the interview was comprehensive and there were many forms to fill out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given 10 tasks but only have time for 8?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable in October 2016.

Interview

Ask scenario questions, based on previous job. No personal questions, rather questions pertaining to the job. Five to eight questions were asked. A time when I was wrong what did my manager do or what did I do in order to overcome it

Interview Questions

• A time when I couldn't satisfy a customer, what did you do in a situation. How were you successful or the outcome of the situation   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

On-line submission only. Compiled data from resume and added pertinent data as needed. I had 18 years experience with Time Warner and was in several successful positions throughout my tenure.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and history data compilation.   1 Answer

Retention and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, interviewer was very friendly and polite and wanted me for the job, I received and email from the recruiter who did the phone interview and she told me I was hired and she would contact me on tuesday because monday was a holiday with job, pay & benefit details and that i would start training on 10/28, so Imagine my surprise when tuesday cam e with no contact and then after midnight I receive and email declining me for employment even though my resume was impressive...

Interview Questions

• If I mind downsizing from management to general employment   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Endicott, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

nterview
    I submited my resume through Indeed.com.I was required to complete a lengthy assessment.The assessment included behavioral questions and multiple choice customer service scenarios. I received a call from recruiter about a week later .I was scheduled for an interview which was conducted by three managers.I was contacted within 48hrs with a decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Cheektowaga, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy test and interviews. Typical questions, they say zero tolerance for attendance during training, even for court or medical appointments. I got the call offering me the job contingent on background and drug tests a few days later

Negotiation

I was offered the job several weeks ago and went for my drug screening over 2 weeks ago armed with my NYS medical marijuana card. They called back a week later to say they lost my urine so I went again. They called again yesterday to ask about the positive mj results and I told them I have all the necessary documentation. They called back a few more times, confused (clearly HR has not thought about this policy before despite it being legal all year) and finally just advised me that I will not be starting Monday due to the positive marijuana test REGARDLESS OF my being legally entitled to use it for side effects. He verified this multiple times so I wasn't confused as to the reason the were rescinding my offer 4 days before I was set to start and verified this was Time Warner /Charter Communications' policy. Yes! I'm allowed to reapply in 6 months if I stop using my legally dispensed cannabis oil.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I received a call for a phone interview within a couple days of applying. After that I received a an email to take an assessment. Completed the assessment, then received a call from the same person who did the phone interview and a on site interview was set a for a couple of days later. The on site interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of three separate interviewers. First interviewer went over my resume and did a role play phone call. The second interviewer also went over my resume and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. The 3rd interviewer went over the requirements of the job.

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Morrisville, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick easy just be yourself. Facility for interview was very clean. The hiring staff and supervisors I met with were very nice and helpful. Hiring process was very smooth no issues at all.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Online test and email onboarding process with all interviews at one time, i was then emailed an offer to accept and assigned a recruiter for the final phase of the onboarding and the orientation war ina big group. I thought the interview process was a breath of fresh air no canned interviee question or situation questions. Be ready to answer about why you want to work there.