Time Warner Cable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.6

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Point, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (College Point, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I met a Time Warner Cable representative at my home and after our conversation I inquired about Time Warner Cable's employment opportunities because I wasn't impressed at the representatives ability to peek my interest in Time Warner's services. I submitted my resume to the representative and it was forwarded to the Human Resources recruiting department Time Warner Cable. Shortly afterwards I was contacted by human resources via phone and was asked a few brief questions which I assume is a preliminary interview. Upon completion of this conversation. I was instructed to complete the application process online. This instruction was also sent to me via email. Information was given regularly via email throughout the application process. The Next Step is an interview at the training headquarters. Here I had an interview with two team leaders which was very pleasant. Surely after this interview I was contacted by the human resources recruiter and informed that I had done well and I know if it was given. To conclude after completing the final instructions given to accept the offer a date of the new hire orientation is also given.

Interview Questions

• a lot of the questions that I was asked pertain to my ability and confidence in selling.   Answer Question
    • What were some of the sales quotas you've had at previous sales jobs?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with making a salary of 45k?   Answer Question

Dispatch Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview he was very down to earth he ask many questions he was polite about it the best thing was that he remember me from another interview that we had done 4 months prior.

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Akron, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied 5 times over the course of a year, finally received a call from the HR recruiter asking why I had kept applying because my resume didn't reflect wanting to work in the cable industry and that I had only done customer service and credit fraud, finally was given an opportunity to go to the field tech center to have an interview it was pretty generic with two supervisors asking me questions. They seemed uninterested from the start and I explained to them all of my other backgrounds when it comes to technology and how much I know about the industry and working in a call center desk job environment was not my place. I feel I answered all the questions correctly and the strange part is my interview was at 9am I did not conclude the interview until about 10am and I received yet another generic response email saying I am no longer being considered for the position. Despite applying multiple times trying to prove my skills they had already determined before the interview even began that they would not hire me as they stated during the interview that all the questions are processed through a computer to calculate a score and they had three more interviews that same day and I would hear from them after. I followed all of HR'S advice dressed the part and was 10 minutes early, I explained all of my knowledge of networks, and cable installation and my growth potential. It was very easy to figure out I was going to be declined before the interview even started based off the email I received before I even made it back home. The sad part is I would have actually made a great fit and this was probably the worst interview tactic I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Describe a job where the temperature was either very hot or very cold.   1 Answer
    • Do you have any technical cable installation expierence   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had bent the rules or broken the rules to get a job done.   1 Answer

Cable Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process was a 3 person interview 3 tech supervisors who each took turns asking questions about various things in order to build a candidate profile they started by reviewing my resume and asking about the work history they saw and then begin to start with their list of questions mostly related to asking about technical aptitude gaging current level of knowledge about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• what was a time when you had to deal with a frustrated customer?   Answer Question

Commercial Retention Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Did application and assessment online, was called in for an "invitation only" open house (but it was mostly like a normal job interview). Interviewed for two positions with managers from each position back-to-back. Was called by recruiter two days later letting me know I was hired. All onboarding/paperwork was done at the time of the background check, which took about five days to get cleared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springdale, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Springdale, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with Human Resources and Management for this particular store. They explained position expectaions, benefits, and schedule expectaions. We went over my personal work history that would be applicable for this position. Then my skills, knowledge, and personality. They informed me that they would start running extensive background check and driving record. Ending the interview I could tell my skillset was not meeting their expectaions. They were very friendly and informative.

Master Control Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on the Time Warner Cable News website. I was contacted by the supervisor of the department. We had a one on one interview and gave me a tour around the office. He told me he'd have a final decision in a week. A week later, I was offered the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. After I applied online I received an email prompting me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly telling me about the offered salary and the schedule tha they need to fill as well as some questions. After the phone interview I went to the location to be interviewed by three different managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve an issue for a customer. What was the issue and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, then sales manager. Per the recruiter after the sales manager, you're interviewed by a sales director. You get an offer, background check, drug test and onboarding anytime after the 19th of each month.

Interview Questions

• How would you penetrate an account? (email, in person, phone, vm but failed to mention social media. The sales manager disqualified me because I failed to mention this part; which I assumed it was the norm. What is your 30-60-90 business plan? What do you know about the company? Why the company? Why did you leave your other jobs? What guarantees do we have that you won't be leaving us? What do you know about the cloud?   1 Answer

Telesales Support Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (West Columbia, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was your typical interview. I was asked to describe my experience and we went over my background. I was asked the typical name a situation when you a difficult customer question. The manager conducting the interview was very nice and I didn't feel any pressure. They talked about the company and opened up for any questions after the interview. The interview only lasted 15 or 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you received a call from a very difficult customer?   Answer Question