Time Warner Cable Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retention and Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, interviewer was very friendly and polite and wanted me for the job, I received and email from the recruiter who did the phone interview and she told me I was hired and she would contact me on tuesday because monday was a holiday with job, pay & benefit details and that i would start training on 10/28, so Imagine my surprise when tuesday cam e with no contact and then after midnight I receive and email declining me for employment even though my resume was impressive...

Interview Questions

• If I mind downsizing from management to general employment   1 Answer

Field Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Garden Grove, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview took 30mins. Two managers interviewed me at the same time. They already have noticed that I've done installation, technician, construction & electrical work before which is a huge plus for the company. My interview went great, I have a good driving record, no complaints from recent work for the contractors. Off the top of my head not only me, but others (friends/family) knew that I had this opportunity, but it turns out I'm just getting a email saying they decided to move forward with other candidates. I'm just left stunned on what went wrong!

Interview Questions

• Have you done any field technician work before?   1 Answer
    • Are you cabable of working overtime?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Van Nuys, CA).

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing each candidate. They took turns asking you scenario based questions. One of the women interviewing was very nice, and showed some sort of emotion. The other two were blank faced and kind of rude. When I told them I was a hard worker who enjoyed working, she said "well, there's a lot of downtime here, so that's probably going to be a problem".

Interview Questions

• Name a scenario in which you had to work with someone who you did not get along with.   Answer Question
    • Think about a time when you had to handle a very difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Interview

They contacted ME through Indeed saying they liked my resume and wanted me to apply so they can call me in. I didn't even think to apply with TWC, but ok I'll apply since they asked. So I applied to the job and it took at least 1-2 hours to apply after taking all the stupid assessments. I even called the number they sent me through indeed to tell the person I had applied like they said. I normally just let these things go, but that's really not cool. They just want people to apply so they have many options. Seems like no one really wants to apply to work for them I guess.

They never called back for 2-weeks and then I get an email stating that they will be moving forward with the selection process with another candidate.

If you apply don't waste your time on their assessments, unless they ACTUALLY consider you through an interview.

Wonder how they would feel if millions of people called and said they like TWC and asked them to send someone to hook up their service. Then when they came over no one answered the door and sent an email after telling them they changed their mind. LOL.

Cable Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview process was a 3 person interview 3 tech supervisors who each took turns asking questions about various things in order to build a candidate profile they started by reviewing my resume and asking about the work history they saw and then begin to start with their list of questions mostly related to asking about technical aptitude gaging current level of knowledge about the job at hand.

Interview Questions

• what was a time when you had to deal with a frustrated customer?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, then sales manager. Per the recruiter after the sales manager, you're interviewed by a sales director. You get an offer, background check, drug test and onboarding anytime after the 19th of each month.

Interview Questions

• How would you penetrate an account? (email, in person, phone, vm but failed to mention social media. The sales manager disqualified me because I failed to mention this part; which I assumed it was the norm. What is your 30-60-90 business plan? What do you know about the company? Why the company? Why did you leave your other jobs? What guarantees do we have that you won't be leaving us? What do you know about the cloud?   1 Answer

Speech Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online & received a phone interview within a week with a person in talent acquisitions. After that a personal interview was set up with a person in that department (~1.5 weeks later). Everyone I spoke with over the phone & via email was very professional. Unfortunately that professionalism didn't carry over to the personal interview. There should've been someone from HR/talent acquisitions present to witness the behavior of the individual. They expected long hours without compensation (salary, yet at the beck & call of the supervisor). They said there were no opportunities for advancement & tried to sell the position based on the value of face time with high-level, influential personnel & prestige of working for a Fortune 500 company. Very disappointing. I'd say the difficulty of the process was easy but I ranked it harder since dealing with the person that conducted the interview was very difficult given their disposition.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you available to work evenings &/or weekends at a moments notice & without any additional compensation? This happens frequently & you need to be available when I need you.   1 Answer
    • Q: I see your background is mostly quantitative & this role is more qualitative, it has burned out people with similar backgrounds in the past, why do you think you'll be able to perform this job?   1 Answer
    • Q: I see where your past income was roughly $75k, though this is within our range of salary you won't be getting that.(eye roll & scoff) I see someone making 75 as someone who is in this job for a few years. Is that a problem with you?   1 Answer
    • Q: There is no real position above this, except for my position & I would want the person that takes this role to be here for at least 3 years before applying for other positions within the company so there's no real opportunities for advancement. You would be in a very prestigious role preparing analytics reports that would be viewed by C level personnel in a Fortune 500 company. So the real value of this job is the pride of working for TWC & being allowed to interact with high level personnel. Does this still sound like a role you're interested in?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions ( Retention ) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Same old questions. Where do you see yourself in 10 years.. why did you choose time warner cable... etc. I got lucky and was hired by a manager employed for 15 years who ended up walking out on the job

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by a recruiter for a quick phone interview. Asked to go into face to face interview. Was contacted same day to say I got the job. Had to go through a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• 3 best qualities about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Role play. I'm calling in to cancel phone. Convince me to stay.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Junior Sales Manager - Special Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Went from friendly and encouraging to downhill quickly. The hiring manager was looking for a senior person but pay a Jr price. The manager really liked the resume when we started talking, but then started to look for background in larger scale projects that someone with more experience would have.