Time Warner Cable Technical Support Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Cable Technical Support Representative Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Was told to be 10 minutes early and do not be late. Checked in with security and received visitor badge and waited for another 20 mins before escorted back for interview. Spoke with 3 different supervisors which included role play. Took a tour of the building. Total time there was 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (El Paso, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online at their website; was emailed a link for the screening assessment, which is an estimated 1hr 45m by their measure. Since I passed the skills and personality portion, I received an email (within 3 days) to schedule a phone interview. Was give. Dates/times to choose; that was Thursday, emailed back within a few hours, heard back via e-mail on Monday.

Phone interview was the following day. And I received the phone call within minutes of the time given. Interviewer gave me all details of the job before questions, including pay rate ($11.63/hr), location and date of next training class (8 weeks long). The schedule of training would be normal M-F/9-5 type, but the available schedules for post-training are second shift (closing at 11p).

The interviewer went over my employment history and asked me to explain the job roles, as well as why I left each position. Then she asked 4 or 5 questions, asked if I had any follow up questions.

Was informed it would be a vague amount of days to hear back about next step as they converse amongst themselves. I assume either a face-to-face interview, a job offer, or rejection email. I confirmed I would be able to email her with any follow up questions I may have spaces on. The end, for now.

Interview Questions

• A majority of customers will already be frustrated when they call in. Explain how you would handle an upset customer.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What would your last boss say about you as an employee?   Answer Question
    • What makes you stand out from the other candidates?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Received call from recruiter to interview that afternoon 7/20/2015. Cancelled a road trip I had planned for that day...... It was a 4 part process me and 4 other people were scheduled at the time but each portion was one on one met with 3 managers 1 was a role playing interview took a call for a remote not working, 2nd part an agent took me on a tour of the building 3rd met with another manager for situational questions name a time you went above and beyond for a customer type questions and then another manager that was above the 1st two he asks situational questions as well a lot were the same as the other managers. He said expect to hear something by Wednesday if you haven't heard by noon Wednesday contact your recruiter I called and left her a voicemail on Wednesday the 22nd around 2 pm no call back. Thursday morning I emailed her no reply I began to think perhaps he meant Wednesday the 29th so I left it alone till today sent another friendly email inquiring on the status and have yet to hear back. I have another interview there tomorrow for a Dispatch position but I doubt I will go. I find it very unprofessional and rude that the recruiter hasn't at least acknowledged my correspondence. I know they send rejection emails so I assume I'm still being considered but this is very unsettling being in limbo the 1st 2 managers were wonderful and I left with a good feeling the last one was hard to read now I'm unsure.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied late one night and received a call the next day. The phone interview was short but easy. Ask the typical call center questions. Once you pass the phone interview you do go in for the in person interview. You do a mock call and interview with a supervisor and the floor manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell you the starting rate and based on your experience and shift you chose it can go up from there.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

Two behavioral based interviews. Have very little to do with knowledge or past work experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Austin, TX).

Interview

The process was very slow. I had to first fill out the application with the same data that was in my resume. I never understand why you have to submit a resume and fill out the application. All of the data is the same. I then waited about a week. Received an email to submit an assessment. Filled out the assessment. It was basically a personality test. I then was contacted by the recruiter to attend the face to face interview. The interviewer was unprepared and was conversing with random walk-ins while I was interviewing. Very unprofessional in my opinion. I was offered the position via phone from the recruiter. I declined due to having another offer from a different organization that seemed to function in a more professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Very generalized IT support questions. If you have an A+ certification our a Network+ cert you should be fine.   Answer Question

Other opportunity with a company that was focused in an area of IT that I am more interested in developing my skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Irving, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied Online, then you have to take a personality/skills test to see if you match with that position. Once you past that, a representative will call you and then give you a phone interview and ask about your past experiences from your job. Once they get all that, then they will schedule you a interview with the Supervisor.
    The person that interviewed me was wearing jeans, a time-warner t-shirt, and a baseball cap. Basically just asked job-type scenarios and how you would do in those situations. Also, the supervisor asked me "if someone over the phone asked you how to make popcorn, what would you say?" Remember, you are explaining something to someone that has no idea what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• If someone asked you how to make popcorn what would you say?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer told you that he doesn't want to speak to you and just wants to speak to the Supervisor?   Answer Question

Found a better position with better hours and a bit more pay.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Akron, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

Overall very good hiring process. It started by filling out an application online. I was followed up with a week or so later to take an online assessment. A couple of weeks later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview went like any other one and included a basic assessment for them to know how much they would need to train you for the job. A day or so later I was called and accepted my offer.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for this interview as it would not warrant negotiation of wage. I am a line level representative, I knew I had a wage in mind and the surpassed what I was expecting so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (San Antonio, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked three short questions on about yourself.
    I happened to send in a resume for TW on August 2nd. I received a call from them over 2 weeks ago. On the telephone, I was given something like a pre-interview, to which I apparently did well. From there, I was directed to a website to take an assessment. I completed the assessment and now have just been floating around waiting for some sort of response, albeit positive or negative. I was wondering if this is normal?

Last week, I emailed the lady that I had been going back and forth with to ask her what the status of my application was- as I have to register for classes soon and whether or not I'm a candidate depends on classes that I take. i received no response what-so-ever.

I'm at a point where I need a job desperately, having just moved to the area from NYC, so I'll take anything... also believe it or not, it's the highest salary I've been offered since living here. I was wondering if this is normal. I have registration for classes on Wednesday and I just can't get a straight answer. Am I to assume I didn't get the position, or do they just make you wait a ridiculous amount of time for this. Starting from the point I sent my resume in, it's been 5 weeks.

Also, I must add- I find it very unprofessional that she didn't even acknowledge my email to her.

Interview Questions

• 1. How did you hear about us?
      2. Your future in TWC
      3. Are you able to attend the training.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

First, need to be pre-screened based on expirience and other various factors; After such they will call you to undergo a series of interviews. 3 to be exact.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, not much room for negotiation on my part.