Time Warner Cable Tier III Technical Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Cable Tier III Technical Support Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Greensboro, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people, both of which were fairly young and seemed like they were easy going and new to the supervisory process. The interview took place right on the call floor in a cubicle just like the one I ended up sitting in.

The questions were fairly average compared to other interviews I have had. Most of the interview was based on previous customer service experience and what I brought to the table in terms of skills an abilities.

There were no 'gotcha' questions.

Interview Questions

• What previous customer service experience do you have? How could that job have improved its customer experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Tier III Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who had seen my resume. Scheduled a phone interview via email for later in the week. Scheduled a on-site visit and interview at conclusion of phone interview for the next week. Had a lengthy interview 2+ hours with 2 managers and received job offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• the interview was no were near as hard as I expected and anyone with A+ or Network+ certifcaton or moderate IT knowledge should have any problems. Recomend familirazing with VoIP and basic trouble shooting command. Know Ping Tracert nslookup and other shell commands that can help identify problem areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually had a little room for negotiation as two different departments where interested in me. I was able to get a 1.50 more per hour then the initial pay rate quoted to me at the beginning of the process. However pay is pretty much predetermined by position and what if any experience, certifications or education you have.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Buffalo, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly interview gauging both technical knowledge and how to handle situation-dependent scenarios. Interview was as much testing personal responses to a customer as well as technical expertise.

Interview Questions

• What would be the best way to determine the cause of (service related issue), including the best way to troubleshoot and resolve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (Greensboro, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Completed application and job-related testing online. Recruiter contacted me a day or two later. We set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted. The recruiter then scheduled 1:1 interviews with two onsite supervisors. Received offer for employment. Offer was accepted and necessary employment forms were completed along with drug testing. There was a few weeks before the next training class began so employment may not be immediate.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Tier III Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable.

Interview

Submitted an application online, shortly after I was sent an email to complete an online competency test. This test was straight forward, the first part was all behavioral questions. The second portion was fielding mock calls from customers and navigating a software program looking up their account information and company policies. About two weeks after I completed the test I received a call from a recruiter who conducted a brief phone interview which consisted of the usual questions-tell me about how you dealt with a difficult customer in the past, as well as some basic technical questions. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for a face to face interview which took place the next day. The face to face interview was very similar to the phone interview-simple customer service questions and a little more advanced technical networking questions such as: how can you determine if a computer is online, what is TCP/IP, how does DNS, DHCP, SMTP etc. work. After I completed the interview with the supervisor he went to get the hiring manager who asked me a few questions regarding my resume and experience working with computers and networking. Two days later I received a call and was offered the job. One thing that the supervisor stressed was that they weren't necessarily looking for in depth technical knowledge, they were looking more for thought process, so if you have solid troubleshooting skills and know how to use resources you should have no problem.

Interview Questions

• No question threw me off, there were very few behavioral based questions and I felt the technical questions were rather easy. The most in depth they got was asking about certain port numbers which were all very common.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me more money than I was asking for.

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner Cable (North Canton, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and sent in my resume. Later that day I was called in for an interview with two supervisors and a person from HR. I was asked several personal questions then technical questions to confirm my computer skills. All the people there were polite and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed the interview process and even though I was very nervous they made it as easy as possible.