Time Warner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Interview Questions

2.6

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter and then went over basic questions of what I did in industry and what wanted to do, then we discussed nature of the job and what would be expected. Met with two other managers and a recruiter to go over the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Why wanted job, what made me stand out, what would I want to do at the company in addition to the job skills.
      What was last job like
      Who did I work with
      1 Answer
    • How the industry has changed at where I worked and how I would use those skills for the new job, also that I wanted to learn more on the job   1 Answer
    • Did I know how to do video editing   1 Answer

College Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Time Warner College Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Warner (Burbank, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR representative. She was very nice and informed me that the position I applied for was taken, but that my resume fit in well at another department. She subsequently asked if I was interested.

I said yes, so she then scheduled me for an interview. This interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and largely consisted of general questions about my resume. I didn't realize this, but the other candidates for the position were all in the LA area and had their interview in person. Though I didn't get offered the internship, I was contacted the next day from another HR rep from Warner Brothers Television.

This HR rep informed me that I was the second choice for the internship that I had just interviewed for, but that they had forwarded my name to her for a position she had. We scheduled an interview, but it got postponed by a week because the interviewer was busy. By this time, I had already found an internship somewhere else, so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

It first started with a phone interview with HR, then they brought me in the following week to meet with a HR director, the hiring manager and the VP of the department. Questions were easy, smooth process and constant reinforcement that I was a solid candidate, at least for a 2nd interview. So after 4 months had passed and constant emails with HR saying the process is delayed, they found a candidate with no feedback. Terrible communication, poor management of interview process.

Interview Questions

• Really simple questions on experience and some scenario based questions on to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (West Pittsburg, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

3 interview process plus 1 field day

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position as an internal candidate, and had worked closely with my interviewers in the past. The people that work in the company are intelligent, savvy, knowledgeable, and professional. The culture of the marketing department is young and trendy. I interviewed with 2 managers, and a senior manager. I have not yet heard back regarding the position, but it has only been one week. I would offer advice of being prepared for situational/behavioral questions. For example, if the magazine you were working on is thinking about increasing the price, how would you go about deciding on implementing the price increase?

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if you should increase the cover price of a particular magazine?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you implemented a promotion, how did you research it and make the decision?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Interview Questions

• Publishing questions as related to IT printing process   Answer Question

Vice President, Mobile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Interview was for a new, strategic position in Atlanta, GA. The internal recruiter was more focussed on my willingness to relocate (away from the tri-state area,) than on the fit for the position. Although follow up was indicated, the recruiter did not respond to calls or emails and no resolution (other than silence,) was made.