Time Warner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Interview Questions

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewing process was straight forward and transparent.

1st step was an interview with HR director who explained the roll and my future responsibilities.
    A week later, I met with my my direct supervisor and another colleague.
    Two weeks later, I met with the global head of the group and two other senior members. From that point it took about 6 weeks for a final decision and an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you a good fit for this role?
      2. Walk us through your resume and explain why you left each position
      3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 5 or 6 managers, one after another. Most seemed very invested in the process. Asked focused and relevant questions. HR had provided me with a schedule, and we adhered to it pretty well throughout the day. Had lunch out, and that was an interview, too. So essentially there was no break in the day. But that was fine with me; the process made good use of the full day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

accepted offer.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter and then went over basic questions of what I did in industry and what wanted to do, then we discussed nature of the job and what would be expected. Met with two other managers and a recruiter to go over the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Why wanted job, what made me stand out, what would I want to do at the company in addition to the job skills.
      What was last job like
      Who did I work with
      1 Answer
    • How the industry has changed at where I worked and how I would use those skills for the new job, also that I wanted to learn more on the job   1 Answer
    • Did I know how to do video editing   1 Answer

College Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

There were three interview rounds conducted over the phone because I was not in-state (they were flexible and accommodating with this): first a phone screening with the program manager, then an interview with the program director followed by a final interview with the vice president.

Interview Questions

• How your passion aligned with the job role   1 Answer

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions

• Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Director, Executive Search Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

timely and consistent, 3 mo process, interviewed with 5 individuals, all very different areas of the company and with varying perspectives on the executive search and talent management function. could have used more explanation of the inter-dynamics of the 7 business units (at the time) but the general idea was to create a platform that crossed all units and met all needs regardless of function or level (VP+)

Interview Questions

• how would you set up an in-house executive recruitment and consulting practice   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions

• walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made