Time Warner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Time Warner Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Time Warner in March 2017.

Interview

HR gave me a call for a brief interview. Forwarded my information to the manager. Got a call a couple of days later from the manager. Mostly behavioral and things on your resume.

Desktop Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

two people with technical questions and on of them with manager questions.
    not difficult but lengthy in each persons questions and answers.
    pleasant to deal with. HR process was fine and pleasant as well to deal with

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewing process was straight forward and transparent.

1st step was an interview with HR director who explained the roll and my future responsibilities.
    A week later, I met with my my direct supervisor and another colleague.
    Two weeks later, I met with the global head of the group and two other senior members. From that point it took about 6 weeks for a final decision and an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you a good fit for this role?
      2. Walk us through your resume and explain why you left each position
      3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Director, Executive Search Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

timely and consistent, 3 mo process, interviewed with 5 individuals, all very different areas of the company and with varying perspectives on the executive search and talent management function. could have used more explanation of the inter-dynamics of the 7 business units (at the time) but the general idea was to create a platform that crossed all units and met all needs regardless of function or level (VP+)

Interview Questions

• how would you set up an in-house executive recruitment and consulting practice   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

There were three interview rounds conducted over the phone because I was not in-state (they were flexible and accommodating with this): first a phone screening with the program manager, then an interview with the program director followed by a final interview with the vice president.

Interview Questions

• How your passion aligned with the job role   1 Answer

Executive Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed. The questions were the common interview questions. First there was a phone interview and then I was schedule to meet with the team. THe team was very nice and were not intimidating. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview, I was told I would hear back from HR within a couple of weeks. About two weeks after the interview I was asked to complete an application, a background check was done and then I was offered the job. An offer letter was sent and I started work immediately after.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter and then went over basic questions of what I did in industry and what wanted to do, then we discussed nature of the job and what would be expected. Met with two other managers and a recruiter to go over the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Why wanted job, what made me stand out, what would I want to do at the company in addition to the job skills.
      What was last job like
      Who did I work with
      1 Answer
    • How the industry has changed at where I worked and how I would use those skills for the new job, also that I wanted to learn more on the job   1 Answer
    • Did I know how to do video editing   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with 5 or 6 managers, one after another. Most seemed very invested in the process. Asked focused and relevant questions. HR had provided me with a schedule, and we adhered to it pretty well throughout the day. Had lunch out, and that was an interview, too. So essentially there was no break in the day. But that was fine with me; the process made good use of the full day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

accepted offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Time Warner in November 2012.

Interview

Was called by company HR and There were 5 rounds namely:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Written Test
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview
    5. Stakeholders Interview

It was a simple procedure. Mostly all the rounds were conducted on first day except the stakeholders interview. It took about 10 days to get some time off their calendar.

Negotiation

No negotiations were made, I got the salary I asked for.

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions

• Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.