Time Warner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions

• walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Desktop Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

two people with technical questions and on of them with manager questions.
    not difficult but lengthy in each persons questions and answers.
    pleasant to deal with. HR process was fine and pleasant as well to deal with

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Time Warner (Greensboro, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with HR , then supervisor then Manger, then offer

Interview Questions

• what does DNS stand for and what does it do   2 Answers

Time Warner College Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Time Warner (Burbank, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR representative. She was very nice and informed me that the position I applied for was taken, but that my resume fit in well at another department. She subsequently asked if I was interested.

I said yes, so she then scheduled me for an interview. This interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and largely consisted of general questions about my resume. I didn't realize this, but the other candidates for the position were all in the LA area and had their interview in person. Though I didn't get offered the internship, I was contacted the next day from another HR rep from Warner Brothers Television.

This HR rep informed me that I was the second choice for the internship that I had just interviewed for, but that they had forwarded my name to her for a position she had. We scheduled an interview, but it got postponed by a week because the interviewer was busy. By this time, I had already found an internship somewhere else, so I decided that it wasn't worth my time.

Executive Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed. The questions were the common interview questions. First there was a phone interview and then I was schedule to meet with the team. THe team was very nice and were not intimidating. The interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. After the interview, I was told I would hear back from HR within a couple of weeks. About two weeks after the interview I was asked to complete an application, a background check was done and then I was offered the job. An offer letter was sent and I started work immediately after.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

It first started with a phone interview with HR, then they brought me in the following week to meet with a HR director, the hiring manager and the VP of the department. Questions were easy, smooth process and constant reinforcement that I was a solid candidate, at least for a 2nd interview. So after 4 months had passed and constant emails with HR saying the process is delayed, they found a candidate with no feedback. Terrible communication, poor management of interview process.

Interview Questions

• Really simple questions on experience and some scenario based questions on to handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Pittsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (West Pittsburg, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

3 interview process plus 1 field day

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

I was brought in through a senior executive at Time Warner to interview for this position. There was an initial phone interview and email screening before I was brought in to interview with 5 people. I met people at every level of the organization who were cordial. They asked about my experience but were also looking to see a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience developing content for a state-of-the art building?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Time Warner (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position as an internal candidate, and had worked closely with my interviewers in the past. The people that work in the company are intelligent, savvy, knowledgeable, and professional. The culture of the marketing department is young and trendy. I interviewed with 2 managers, and a senior manager. I have not yet heard back regarding the position, but it has only been one week. I would offer advice of being prepared for situational/behavioral questions. For example, if the magazine you were working on is thinking about increasing the price, how would you go about deciding on implementing the price increase?

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if you should increase the cover price of a particular magazine?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you implemented a promotion, how did you research it and make the decision?   Answer Question