Timken Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Timken Intern Interview Questions

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Good, laid back experience. No real tough questions. Mostly get to know you questions. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses as well. The person interviewing me was very kind and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. Was a fair process despite not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Timken

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It involves meeting at the career fairs and then a phone screen followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Questions increase in difficulty each interview in the chain. Need to prep for what Timken does and who they are. Hiring managers look for effort in your preparation for the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Great interview process. Met with recruiter with subsequent interview with a hiring manager. Process was easy and well constructed. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Timken in September 2014.

Interview

First interview is very laid back; they just want to get to know you. The university recruiter manager is very easy to talk to. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about 5-6 weeks later, mostly asking about resume items and seeing if I would be a good fit for the group. It was about half an hour. After each interview I was asked if I had any questions. Great company to work for!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview after being in contacts. Lasted about 35 minutes and consisted of basic questions about work experience etc. I also asked a few questions such as where did you work before and why do you like Timken? Everything else was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy. Asked about what I would do in a group situation where someone wasnt contributing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

First was interviewed quickly by a recruiter at a table during a career fair, if you have a good enough elevator pitch they'll give you the next interview with barely looking at your resume. Then the college recruiter interviews you at your school's career center. The process after that takes a bit longer here. If they like you you'll interview with a hiring manager and get placed in their department if they like you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Timken? (this was my first internship so I didn't know what to expect but ALWAYS do research about the company before you interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but as a PR/communications intern, $16 is really good.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First Round HR - Details about your Resume(Work Exp and everything)
    Second Round Technical - 1. Mainly concentrate on OOPS concept. They will ask you to design any game problem most ppbly the one listed in your resume (Please Note, they just ask you to design and not write program, so be clear with what you say). It may be Chess/Chinese Checkers or any other game.
    2. Memory management in Java and C++ (Please be ready to explain about Garbage Collection in Brief)
    3. Different Types of Testing (Diff between WhiteBox, BlackBox Testing, Unit Testing)

Interview Questions

• Nothing , every thing is simple. The only thing is you should be clear with your basics and Fundamentals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

1. Aptitude
    2. GD
    3. technical round 1
    4. technical round 2
    5. Interview with Directors

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked on sql queries, oops, javaScript methods, network concepts and .net   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken in June 2012.

Interview

Campus interview. Asked about techinal details. Get information about the position. Get information about the size and function of the department. Get a tour in the company later. Meet group members to work with.