Timken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keene, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Keene, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

Short and brief , some of the supervisors asked random questions then references and experience then handed you off to another person to re-interview about actual job position available which I didn't apply for

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job fair   1 Answer

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Set up an introductory phone interview with recruiter via email. Set an appointed time. Completed the phone interview with a discussion about a second behavioral based interview to follow. Never heard back from them. Sent a few follow up emails and calls. Never got any response. Not following up leaves a poor impression with candidates and not good branding for Timken. Today's candidate is tomorrows customer. Brand image is important in all facets of the Timken experience. Everyone has to live it not just say it on a website.

Interview Questions

• How has your education and experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Interview

My recruiter called and emailed me to set up an interview I wish I met with 3 panel interview asking me behavioral questions as well as my own background as well as a brief synopsis of the Department of be working in and then I asked them questions about the position and they were very personable laughed and joked a little bit very professional and the lobby is beautiful

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to track data over a period of time and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very dry and very robotic. My interviewer did not make me want the job. They asked me the same question twice. I was a little disappointed because I have heard so many great things about the company.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with systems (this was asked twice in two different forms)   Answer Question

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Keene, NH).

Interview

Interviewer was very pleasant. Described the day to day and answered all my questions. Didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. Seemed like she really wanted to help this company succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you caught someone's mistake and what did you do to fix it.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I applied for the job and in about 2 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The email was very unprofessional and from an intern, which didn't bother me at the time. I scheduled the interview and the job interviewer called me 15 minutes late. I found this a very negative start. TO follow this negativity, he was also an intern. He was very dry and not knowledgeable about the position at all. I asked questions at the end and he didn't know the answer to any of them. He stated he would email me answers in a few days, well guess what, I never got an email! He even mentioned the job title, which was wrong, he didn't even know what job I was interviewing for! To me this made me absolutely not want to work for the company. It made me feel unwanted and unimportant.

2 weeks later, I got a rejection letter from another intern that was the most unprofessional rejection email I have even been sent. It was one line that said, unfortunately you have not been selected.

The company should really treat applicants like they matter.

Interview Questions

• Are you more analytical or theoretical of an engineer....   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Timken recruiter who gave me a short phone interview. The next day I was told the hiring managers were interested in an on site interview and I was emailed an agenda for a series of interviews. I had 4 interviews, 3 of those being one-on-one and 1 being a panel. I thought the interviews went great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. As quick as the interviews were set up and as smooth as the process went I had a very positive experience until it came to after the interview. It has been well over a month and I have never heard anything back from them. Not an email, phone call, letter or anything. The position is listed on their website as being filled and that's it. As much time as I spent with all of the interviews I thought I at least deserved a rejection of some sort instead of never hearing from them again.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Timken (Gaffney, SC).

Interview

I was called in for a Interview asked basic common sense questions as well as background and personal questions. Had to do a hair sample drug test, lift test, a urinalysis test and a hearing test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any Questions for us?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH).

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews, the first two via telephone, and the final on site. The first was with an in-house recruiter who reviewed basic credentials and level of interest in the company. The second phone interview was with the Manager, and consisted of behavioral questions plus a review of prior work experience. The on site interviews consisted of three 1:1s plus a panel interview with three departmental managers. All four of these in-person interviews were heavily behavioral. Nearly all questions started with "tell us about a time when..." This included a time when...you had to change someone's opinion...you disagreed with your boss...you had confidential information...you were proud of a specific accomplishment. They very much were looking for a three part answer: description of a situation, the actions taken, followed by comments on the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to change someone else's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Second phone interview included the standard "Tell me about yourself" and "What are your strengths?" plus "Tell me about one of your weaknesses."   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Houston, TX).

Interview

Discussion about past experience and future goals. What attributes can you bring to the company and or skills that you could provide. Team orientation is a key quality to have and the ability to communicate is essential.