Timken Operations & Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Timken Operations & Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Timken

2.8

Associate Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Timken

Associate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through 3 interview rounds. An on-campus interview with the HR manager, a phone interview with the department manager and a panel interview on site. They flew me to Canton, OH and covered all expenses.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in an agreement with a coworker? How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Timken in June 2011.

Interview

It takes a while after the initial interview, just like any other company, before they call you. Then, everything goes easy but they will check everything on you including your references, your background and your medical history plus the drug screen process. The whole thing will take about one week, and you'll need to keep communicating with them during the whole process, just in case they can't contact your ex-employers, or your references. They will find out if you lied in the application, but if everything checks out okay, you've got the job. Good Company.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the particular job: Explain to me how you would accomplish this specific task and how long it would take me to finish?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

They use a set of canned questions and a panel grades you on your response. Like "tell me about a time when you made a mistake at your previous employer, what did you do to fix it?", or "tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker, what steps did you take to get them to leave you alone?". The BEST scores are generally for presenting your answer in a logical way. Presentation can weigh more than content. They are more impressed with your speaking skills than your actual answers.
    The average worker is a 50+ white male, born within 20 miles of Canton Ohio, willing to work 50 hours a week forever (theres not much to do in Canton anyway).
    This company has WAAAAY too many meetings. I probably averaged 24 hours of meetings per week, including some 8 hour staight ones. Upper management has nothing to do all day, so they schedule meetings to look like they are busy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did that was wrong, and then how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Timken recruiter who gave me a short phone interview. The next day I was told the hiring managers were interested in an on site interview and I was emailed an agenda for a series of interviews. I had 4 interviews, 3 of those being one-on-one and 1 being a panel. I thought the interviews went great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. As quick as the interviews were set up and as smooth as the process went I had a very positive experience until it came to after the interview. It has been well over a month and I have never heard anything back from them. Not an email, phone call, letter or anything. The position is listed on their website as being filled and that's it. As much time as I spent with all of the interviews I thought I at least deserved a rejection of some sort instead of never hearing from them again.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH).

Interview

phone interview took 45 minutes. general questions only.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keene, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Keene, NH).

Interview

Interviewer was very pleasant. Described the day to day and answered all my questions. Didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. Seemed like she really wanted to help this company succeed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you caught someone's mistake and what did you do to fix it.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn Jobs. Simple process. One of their University Relations Interns reached out for a phone interview. Around 30 minutes long. Know your stuff and read about the specific industries and their portfolio and you’ll impress. Be relatable but confident in your words.

Second round was with senior specialist and us manager. They highly evaluate the confidence and knowledge that you speak with (know your stuff but be easy to talk to and professional). They don’t give much info about the position so have plenty of questions planned specifically for the internship you’re applying for.

Both interviews go through the resume so speak in detail quantitatively and qualitatively about your experiences

Interviewers were very easy to talk to and were actually interested in what I had to say; it wasn’t just interview where they are fake interested.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle life with a busy schedule?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a bad experience and how did you improve?   1 Answer
    • Are there any skills/accomplishments you have that you haven’t spoken about?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview after being in contacts. Lasted about 35 minutes and consisted of basic questions about work experience etc. I also asked a few questions such as where did you work before and why do you like Timken? Everything else was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy. Asked about what I would do in a group situation where someone wasnt contributing   Answer Question