Timken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.8

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

AaaThey were looking for sales engineers and that other alternative were not possible. I think you need lots of experience to apply to Timken. I think that it will be interesting to see how they adjust after the split

Interview Questions

• How is the Alcoa mini mill ?   1 Answer

Associate Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

My recruiter called and emailed me to set up an interview I wish I met with 3 panel interview asking me behavioral questions as well as my own background as well as a brief synopsis of the Department of be working in and then I asked them questions about the position and they were very personable laughed and joked a little bit very professional and the lobby is beautiful

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to track data over a period of time and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mascot, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken (Mascot, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

Individual and team interview approach. I had a phone screening interview, then met with the manager and finally a team / panel interview with several mid level managers.

Interview Questions

• To describe my experience improving quality or applying lean principles in manufacturing   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of questions about having experiences and then giving examples of the outcomes. Some of the questions are listed below : Example: Name a time when you worked extra hard to help a customer.
    Give an example of a time when you surpassed a customers expectations.

Not all the questions had applied to my work experiences so I gave examples of what I would do and saw should the questions have been times I had experienced.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked extra hard to help a customer.
      Give an example of a time when you surpassed a customers expectations.
      Tell a time when you had difficulty working with a coworker and how did you handle the situation   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you worked extra hard to help a customer.
      Give an example of a time when you surpassed a customers expectations.
    • They asked where I lived in relation to the company and about my domestic life.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time when you surpassed a customers expectations.   1 Answer
    • Tell a time when you failed to meet a customers expectations and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was terrible. My agency originally promised me a higher hourly rate so I was disappointed to receive what was then paid to me.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH).

Interview

Went through three rounds of interviews, the first two via telephone, and the final on site. The first was with an in-house recruiter who reviewed basic credentials and level of interest in the company. The second phone interview was with the Manager, and consisted of behavioral questions plus a review of prior work experience. The on site interviews consisted of three 1:1s plus a panel interview with three departmental managers. All four of these in-person interviews were heavily behavioral. Nearly all questions started with "tell us about a time when..." This included a time when...you had to change someone's opinion...you disagreed with your boss...you had confidential information...you were proud of a specific accomplishment. They very much were looking for a three part answer: description of a situation, the actions taken, followed by comments on the results.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to change someone else's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Second phone interview included the standard "Tell me about yourself" and "What are your strengths?" plus "Tell me about one of your weaknesses."   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

I had three rounds of technical interview and two rounds of HR interview. The three technical round of interviews were conducted back to back. The interview was tough and was based only on the basic of engineering.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. The offer made was final.

Program Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2008.

Interview

The hiring process is initiated by HR reprentative by informing the candidate about getting shortlisted for job position and confirming the date of interview. Interview process may be divided in two or three phases depending on job position. There will be Technical, HR and Manager rounds which can happen in a single/multiple day. Technical rounds are very important. Depending on the performance in this round the candidate will be called for other rounds. In Techical round candidate should try to be as precise as possible.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a manager who can be very demanding?   Answer Question

Program Member - SAP Basis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2009.

Interview

When any technical questions are asked please answer to the point and don't go on beating around the bush.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate if only if required.