Timken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Houston, TX).

Interview

Discussion about past experience and future goals. What attributes can you bring to the company and or skills that you could provide. Team orientation is a key quality to have and the ability to communicate is essential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Good, laid back experience. No real tough questions. Mostly get to know you questions. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses as well. The person interviewing me was very kind and seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. Was a fair process despite not getting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It involves meeting at the career fairs and then a phone screen followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager. Questions increase in difficulty each interview in the chain. Need to prep for what Timken does and who they are. Hiring managers look for effort in your preparation for the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Great interview process. Met with recruiter with subsequent interview with a hiring manager. Process was easy and well constructed. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters for about 15 minutes at the career fair, the inital questions were based on my personal interests and less on the company as a whole. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was one on one. Very laid back and comfortable interview process with basic questions. Questions were geared toward my personality, background, and interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Was called in December 14 about a possible position. Interview in Feb. Drug test and physical in March. Doctor evaluation in April. Finally started in May 15. Very long drawn out process, but worth it in the long run.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honea Path, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Honea Path, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Aerotek first then with Timken's Quality Manager - this was only to help with quality and training (short term contract - 6 months). I basically described most of the projects I worked on while I was at Timken.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most complex problems you had to resolve and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They needed help with quality immediately for customer complaints. I also retired from this company so there wasn't really any negotiation - they needed me immediately.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews - the first one was pretty straightforward and lasted about 20 minutes. We briefly went over my resume, he described a lot about the position and wanted to see if I was still interested. About a week later I had an interview with two members of the team I'd be working for. They basically just asked what experiences that would give me the skills I'd need to fulfill the position. I received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What specific experiences do you have that have prepared you for the requirements of this position?   1 Answer

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a short phone interview with a recruiter in the HR Dept. followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final step in the process was an on-site interview with various managers and directors in the Finance Dept. The HR recruiter sent a follow-up e-mail after the on-site interview and said they would provide feedback within a week but I never heard another word from them. I thought this was very unprofessional given the amount of time that I had spent talking to them. If it was not the right fit, they should have at least thanked me for my time. If they treat candidates this way it makes me wonder how they treat their employees.

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had 2 phone interviews: first was an initial screen-compensation sought, willingness to relocate, brief overview of internships/things learnt, standard behavioral questions, greatest strength/weakness. Quite easy.

The second was with the hiring manager who went into my resume in greater detail, really grilling me on my experiences and seeing if my answers were consistent with what I wrote. This is where I tripped up, because I didn't weave an epic saga out of my internship experiences.

As an entry-level candidate, I was expected to actually have a past company buy products based on my designs...give me a break, what intern has that sort of influence? I guess now I know what to tell them. The guy wasn't very realistic in his expectation of abilities and was disappointed to hear I only performed a simulation exercise at the internship. Quite a hard and deluded interview.

A few weeks later I got an email notifying me of rejection.
    Advice: Act like Superman in the interview to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What were your deliverables? Oh, you had to deliver a report? Tell me more about it.   Answer Question
    • What factors went in creating the cost-benefit analysis? So you saw the greatest savings from new vehicles?   Answer Question
    • What was your design process? How did you take into account design for manufacturability?   Answer Question