Timken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Timken Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in November 2014.

Interview

Saw the job posting on the internet, sent my resume and received an e-mail the next day, asking to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview with a recruiter and after about 15 minutes, he asked when I would be available for a face-to-face. I got back to him the next day with my availability and two days later I was meeting with the hiring manager. The interview process consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, panel interview and then 1:1 with a senior sales engineer. I received an e-mail from recruiter the next day, asking for my thought and whether I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call apologizing for the delay and letting me know I would be receiving an offer. The offer letter came via e-mail along with information on benefits. Once I accepted the offer I had to submit information for a background check through HireRight, and after three days I was contacted by US Health Works to set-up my physical and drug screen (I think they waited for background results before scheduling physical). Went for the medical stuff; hair sample, vision check, hearing check, urine sample and physical.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected - very conversational with a few tell me about a time when questions; a time when you thought outside the box, a time when you made a process more efficient.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After reading the interview reviews on here, indicating there is no negotiating and upon receiving a very competitive offer, I accepted w/o negotiation.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mascot, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Mascot, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

I was initially hired on as a temp. I had finished my probationary period and applied for the position I was filling. One day I was working and my direct supervisor came up to check on my progress. He then looked at his watch and asked me if anyone had told me that I had an interview for the job in 13 minutes.

I get to the interview room covered in grease and dirt. I had not even had uniforms provided yet.

Only two of the five interviewers had arrived for the interview. Of the three not in attendance, one was in his office working as I passed, another was talking about his weekend with an employee outside the halway.

The interview consisted of some canned behavioral analysis questions. It took all of 10 minutes. I left the interview and returned to the work I had started earlier that day.

Interview Questions

• Ave you ever had to work with people from more than one department in order to get a job done? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Interview

I hired right out of college. Be prepared to research the company and what tapered roller bearings are all about. Went to their Gaffney, SC plant and met with the management team. They prefer individual interviews one at a time vs panel approach.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to work here?   1 Answer

Operations Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Steel Business Associate - Manufacturing Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interviewing process takes place over two days. The first day they will give a tour of the Canton, OH area and then provide dinner at a restaurant with managers and team leaders to ask some questions before the interviews. The second day is when the interviews take place. Interviews consist of 2 one-on-one interviews and a 3 person panel interview. They also provide a tour of their Faircrest steel plant

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to meet a deadline but something came up that may have forced you to miss that deadline   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Plant tour with Engineers, lunch provided, followed by individual interviews with each engineer. Questions were normal interview style questions with a relaxed atmosphere. Engineers did not attempt to intimidate or throw any curve balls.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any hands-on experience.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions

• there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken in September 2014.

Interview

I came into contact with Timken via a university recruiting event. They seemed very friendly and it seemed to me that they loved both the company TimKen and the area of North Canton, OH.
    The interview consisted of some behavioral questions about how you manage tasks and how you work in a team.
    The part i liked best was when they asked me to describe my dream job. They said to describe what it looked like what the people might be like and so forth. It was a good interview because they had me talking and my hopes in a career instead of the interviewer talking the whole time. They also said that Timken is an honest and well respected company and that they understand work life balance for their employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I went about my work when I had several tasks to complete. I know this is a common interview question but it is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful answer to it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Timken in September 2014.

Interview

First interview is very laid back; they just want to get to know you. The university recruiter manager is very easy to talk to. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager about 5-6 weeks later, mostly asking about resume items and seeing if I would be a good fit for the group. It was about half an hour. After each interview I was asked if I had any questions. Great company to work for!

Associate Librarian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Interview

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.