Timken Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Timken Sales Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I applied for the job and in about 2 weeks I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The email was very unprofessional and from an intern, which didn't bother me at the time. I scheduled the interview and the job interviewer called me 15 minutes late. I found this a very negative start. TO follow this negativity, he was also an intern. He was very dry and not knowledgeable about the position at all. I asked questions at the end and he didn't know the answer to any of them. He stated he would email me answers in a few days, well guess what, I never got an email! He even mentioned the job title, which was wrong, he didn't even know what job I was interviewing for! To me this made me absolutely not want to work for the company. It made me feel unwanted and unimportant.

2 weeks later, I got a rejection letter from another intern that was the most unprofessional rejection email I have even been sent. It was one line that said, unfortunately you have not been selected.

The company should really treat applicants like they matter.

Interview Questions

• Are you more analytical or theoretical of an engineer....   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Timken

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Timken (Columbus, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

AaaThey were looking for sales engineers and that other alternative were not possible. I think you need lots of experience to apply to Timken. I think that it will be interesting to see how they adjust after the split

Interview Questions

• How is the Alcoa mini mill ?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

It was a half hour one on one interview. The interviewer began by asking me about my resume. He then asked me a few behavioral questions. He then explained the position and a lot about the company. Then he asked me if I had any further questions about the company/job. I heard back from them in about a week for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you ever made a decision that other disagreed with and how did you handle that situation?
      Q: How do you handle being stressed out and overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Was not interested in sales