Toast Inc Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Tampa, FL) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone calls and email correspondence. Takes a little bit of time but they are responsive and respectful. This company has a large amount of growth. Be prepared to answer multiple behavioral questions and take a predictive index test that defines your own attributes in the business sphere.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Jan 14, 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

This is great advice! Thank you for sharing these insights. Should you still be interested in working at Toast in the future, there is always opportunity to re-connect. - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toast Inc (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Disjointed. The HR team uses the "drinking water from a fire hose" analogy for not doing their job, pushing off accountability, and extending a process that could be accomplished is a few weeks into a painful process that lingers for months.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Oct 12, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your feedback. I apologize for the disjointed and painful experience that you had with our team. The "drinking water from a fire... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

3 interviews
    - #1 with recruiter. Informational/behavior interview
    - #2 District manager. Information/behavioral/case
    - #3 VP of Sales. tougher interview. Will try to get you to feel uncomfortable and see how you react.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Toast?
      2. Background in this field?
      3. Why would you be a good fit?
      4. 30/60/90 day plan.   1 Answer

Nov 20, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing! We're happy that you had a positive experience and decided to join our team! - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

This was a phone interview. The interview was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions were background related and the way you will help fill the company's position. If you have certain sales experience they will ask you to describe that in detail. The challenges you faced while doing your previous job. Why do you want to apply for this potion. Salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Toast ?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about the company ? What is your background experience ? Describe your experience as a salesman ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

This company is a major turnoff with everyone being 5-10 minutes late along the way. 3 rounds of interviews which I think makes sense. Did an in-person interview for the final step where they were 1 hour late which turned me off to the company as a whole. They are very concerned with cultural fit and not so much with your skills for these positions. Everyone who works here seems to come from an upper middle class/1% family and spends their money frivolously. There is definitely a frat/srat culture here where most of the people who work here are very attractive but don't pay attention to detail and care about work/life balance and less about work. That can be good but also means lack of organization and extreme bias in hiring if you don't give off the right vibe. The fact that the interview started an hour late basically made me feel like I wasnt valued as a candidate and really compromised my opinion of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Why Toast? Why sales? Prior experience? Nothing too surprising or deep.   Answer Question

Sep 10, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

Reviews like this are always hard to read, as this is the exact opposite of the type of experience that we hope candidates have here at Toast. Our goal is to build an interview process that assesses... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and was asked to speak to the district manager the following day. The interview may have not gone the best, however out of courtesy, not reaching out with an answer is unacceptable. As a sales rep I hear no more than yes. I can take a no. What is disrespectful is not giving an answer. I'm completely aware that not everyone is a good fit. It's the way of the world. Not reaching out to notify the job seeker, regardless of yes or no, is completely unprofessional, especially after a couple of interviews. Other than that, the product seems great and the company has a bright future.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc in June 2017.

Interview

Negative Experience... Started out with Toasttab not calling me at all on the schedule date. I had to reach out to see what was the case, just to received an email rescheduling.

The recruiter or who ever was running the interview was terrible. Asking literately non sense questions. Let's get something straight, I'm not doing hours of research for a 10 min get to know me phone interview. I say that to say this, the recruiter was asking about the company's stock, and other question that was pointless. It's been 2 weeks with no reply from the company.

Interview Questions

• What's the current information on the company's stock and trending information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process was clearly laid out prior to even starting. Everyone was incredibly timely and very understanding of my short timeline. Easily one of the top interview processes i have been through. 3 parts for me specifically. 1. Call with recruiter 2. Call with team lead 3. in person interview with team lead and manager. There would have been a final video call but the position was filled prior to me reaching this point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the biggest thing you personally need to work on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

The worst interview process I've ever been through. The recruiter missed the first call completely, called 15 minutes late to the reschedule, and sounded/acted like a complete robot the entire time, whatever.

Then they had me prep a pitch for a phone interview with a manager, I get through that and get some feedback for some tweaks on the follow-up onsite. Also, I have to prep a restaurant analysis for the onsite. When I get onsite, the same manager goes through my 2nd version of my memorized pitch with the tweaks and it's fine.

This is where the entire process goes off of the rails. They had a late switch of my 2nd interviewer onsite, subbing in a different manager to go through my restaurant analysis presentation. The guy didn't even let me present. He asked me a couple of questions around it, while also the standard interviewing, all the while I'm thinking I'm going to actually present to go more in-depth. He clearly hadn't read my resume based on his line of questions (see interview questions). The guy didn't care. After the interview I'm told my presentation was bare bones and they'd like me to re-do. Of course the PowerPoint will look bare bones without a presentation behind it, it's just bullet points! And of course I got none of this feedback in person.

3rd onsite interviewer is the VP. Again left a lot to be desired in the process here. He says we are going to do a mock role play, go through your memorized pitch and he'll interrupt with objections. Except when I start to go through it he says why didn't I open up with a question since this is a mock disco now and I'm talking too much. Well am I pitching or am I discovering? So very unclear what he wanted out of this exercise.

So after the onsite I get a call from the same recruiter saying the 1st and 3rd interviewers liked me, just need to re-do my restaurant analysis. I get it done within 24 hours, this time doing it more of a report-style since I know they won't care to let me present it. The 2nd time around I make it a point to find restaurants with clear need (including 1 in an active project!) and address each piece of info they're looking for. For some reason it wasn't good enough because all I got was they've decided to go in another direction, the recruiter says she could provide feedback, I ask for it, no response.

Interview Questions

• 1. How can you get to #1 at your current company? 2. What challenges do you have in your current role, won't those same challenges present themselves in this role as well?   1 Answer