Toast Inc Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Someone within the company referred me, and about a week later, Will Reardon from HR reached out to me for a phone interview. We set something up, and he emailed me with a confirmation. Day and time of the phone interview rolled around and I waited, but no call. I ended up emailing Will to see if he was still free and he said "Sorry I got caught up today". Not very professional but I brushed it off and asked to reschedule. He asked for my availability again which I shared, and then I never heard from him again. I followed up again and still nothing. Extremely disappointing, especially when I was referred.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Pretty standard. First interview was with a recruiter who reached out after I applied online and connected with a former colleague working there. After chatting with her I was set up for a phone interview with the director of the team. That was a pretty standard interview with a good conversation. After that, the recruiter reached out to bring me into the office for interviews with members of the account management team and the CEO as he is very involved with account management. After that, the recruiter reconnected with me to say an offer was coming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a really tough customer?   Answer Question

Jun 30, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the post! You’ve provided a great insight to what the process looks like for successful candidates. Thanks again!

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

Process started out strong. Received an email for first interview two days after application.
    After second interview, the process was no longer transparent or accommodating. Received an email that a 3.5 hour marathon interview had been scheduled that was outside of my available times and only provided two days notice, giving very little regard to my current job and schedule.
    After the being flexible on my end with scheduling, I complete the marathon interview and am told that that would be the final round.
    I receive an email the following week asking for two more interviews that again, had little regard for my schedule.
    After completing the process, I did receive an offer that unfortunately was not very competitive and I professionally declined via email.
    I have not since received a response acknowledging my decision or my time going through the process.

I am sure that Toast is a great company once you're in, but the process to get in was unfortunately a huge turn off.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

I'm sorry that your interview process was unclear and unaccommodating. We clearly missed the mark here. I will be sure to share this feedback with the team so that we can improve our processes and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA).

Interview

Incredibly disorganized from the start. I had a phone interview for a certain role, and then was scheduled for a second interview. There were a couple of weeks in between interviews, but this was right around the holidays so I didn't think much of it.
    When I received the call for the second interview, the interviewer didn't seem to remember who I was, and was interviewing me for a different (although similar, skill-wise) role than what I had initially applied/interviewed for. I had to cut the interviewer off and let him know that this was actually my second interview, and it was for a different role than the one he was speaking of. He was pretty confused, but eventually told me that role was filled, but that my experience/skills would still transfer to this role, so I could continue if I was still interested. While I was disappointed and looking forward to the role I had initially applied for, this one wasn't too far off (although the pay was lower) and I thought it couldn't hurt to proceed with the interview process and see if I'd be interested in this other role.
    I was called in for an in-person interview. It went well with most employees I met with, except one. He seemed to be very dismissive and extremely condescending, which was confusing to me. While my experience thus far had been very disorganized, everyone had been very nice until this particular interview. Based upon my interactions with him, I decided that if I were offered a position, I would probably decline it, as this was not someone I wanted to work with.
    Although my final interview put a bad taste in my mouth and had me seriously question whether I wanted to work at Toast, I wanted to have all my options on the table, so I did follow up. I never heard anything back, which is probably my biggest interview pet peeve. Although I wasn't really interested in working at Toast anymore, it's extremely rude to have someone get that far in the interview process and not even send a generic, "we went another way" email to let them know the outcome of the interviews, especially if they're following up with you.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Mar 2, 2018 – Director Talent Acquisition

I'm sorry to hear that your interview experience was anything less than inviting and that parts were disorganized. We are working on the disorganization by developing and implementing processes to... More