Toast Inc Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.0

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview Process started with a phone convo with a Toast Recruiter. Convo was great. Told me all about Toast. He asked my salary. I told him I current made about $60/$65k per year. He said that sounds like a more senior role and that he would look into it. He asked if I would be comfortable at $56k with a 10% bonus. I said I would definitely consider it. We also went over the roll, lots of phone support, not Monday-->Friday. Sun->thurs or Tues->sat. They were looking to fill the 10-7pm shift. I said I was fine with that even though i really just want 9-5, Monday->Friday.

A week or so went by and I came in for an interview. Staff was great. Very kind, not too aggressive.

I eventually got an offer. $24/hr with overtime expected. I was not too happy that not only did they switch to hourly, but that it was way less than I expected. So at $24/hr for 40 hrs, it would around $50k/yr. Then he mentioned that if I did 6 extra hrs of overtime per week, that would make up the difference. I responded to the offer with a counter. I also asked for a senior title. I did not get either. The recruiter also tried to tell me that Toast was such a good opportunity that the $10k bump is worth it and that he took a $30k bump when he left his previous job. No person in their right mind leaves one job for $30k less per year unless they have a trust fund.

How can I be expected to leave a job where I would be working more for less money?

Overall, it seems like a great company but if they want good new staff, pay them what they are worth and dont BS them during interviews.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Jun 30, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it’s great to have your feedback. I apologize for any confusion regarding your compensation. It sounds like there was quite a bit of back and forth on... More

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in March 2018.

Interview

While the interview was pleasant and the people I interviewed with were pretty cool, it seemed like they were trying super hard to "sell" me on the company. I did receive an offer which I was forced to decline due to the really odd shift that wasn't mentioned to me in the interview process. There was a lot of back and forth with the recruiter but the process was backwards. I mean asking for references once an offer has been made? That's odd to me. I feel that Toast has a lot of growing up to do before it can really get ( and keep) quality people. The vibe I got was that it's not a place for someone with a family, a personal life, or an active life. If you love working the weekends and the graveyard shift this is perfect for you!

Interview Questions