Toast Inc Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toast Inc

1.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Boston, MA) in July 2019.

Interview

The good:

damn, the HR/Recruiter(Rachel) was on it. Super high touch, organized, and honest. They moved fast, they responded in timely ways and were quite honestly one of the better HR/Recruiters I've interacted with in years. It went from online application to first reaching out in 4 hours, and every interview step was quick and well organized with clear goals. They were exceptional all around. Good communication and attitude from everyone on the recruiting team. Toast needs to give her a raise.

The bad:

They asked details about current salary which is actually no longer legal to do in Massachusetts due to the equal pay law. Oops.

They asked technical questions in a few interviews but it just didn't seem to reflect an even level of competence across the board. I expected better, tougher, and with more of a point. Gave the impression of not being entirely sure what they were doing in this space. I get the impression that they want to improve and that there's at least a little bit of awareness of this though. So maybe it gets better.

Interview Questions

• Lots and lots of culture types of questions, that seems like a critical factor for the company. Which didn't make sense considering they ended up wanting a more hands on and technical of a person in the end but along those lines their technical interview was actually extremely weak. Almost embarrassingly so.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc.

Interview

My initial phone interview was scheduled within a day. Coordination with HR Rep was very disjointed. In fact, I was not called on the mutually agreed upon day & time at all. After I sent an email inquiring if they would like to reschedule, I was given the excuse that the day had "gotten weird".

Interview Questions