Toast Inc Interview Questions in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

Interviews at Toast Inc

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

My process took 3 weeks and looked like this:
    1. Screening call.
    2. 1 hour technical interview involving coding.
    3. 4 hours of technical interviews involving problem solving and coding.

The preparation of the interviewers for the final round was mixed, they had issues with their chosen communication/test technologies and offered 2 forms of communication for each interview with no consistency between interviewers.

After going through this whole process I was told that I was given no feedback of any kind even when I specifically asked for it.

Interview Questions

• Several coding questions in the language of your choice.   Answer Question

Toast Inc Response

Feb 20, 2018 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your story. We are experiencing some performance issues with one of our coding interview tools. Unfortunately we have to combine two technologies to get the best outcome. We... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone screening described a rails and ui position and complete Greenfield work with a newly founded team.

Face to face interview revealed a java only house taking over legacy projects from a 100+ engineer team from boston.

Interviewer got upset when i declined to continue any further with interview after 30 minutes.

Waste of everyones time to be honest.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Interview went fine but HR immediately removed me from candidacy because I did not have commercial experience with React/Angular. Screening is poor as I wasn't even given a chance to prove my technical competency by putting me through the technical test. In the end, I'm happy to have accepted a role in a different startup. Would not recommend even applying to Toast because of that experience.

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was given a code challenge on Hacker Rank; I was given an hour to complete two coding questions in a language of my choice. The results were then sent to Toast.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied and was soon given a video interview. Interview went fine but 4 months later and still no reply. I believe they should at least tell people that they won't be continuing with their application.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2019.

Interview

A phone call to discuss your experience and motivation. Followed by Online Live Coding interviews and cultural interview.

The process was cool and a good learning experience, the recruiter assisted me very well, the interviewers are very kind and helpful.

I am excited to join the team next year.

Anonymous - Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week later for a phone screen. The phone screen was general getting to know me and discussion about my experience and motivation to move companies. I then went to to have onsite interviews (5 back to back) a week after that and 2 days later they confirmed they would be extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you juggled multiple high priority situations and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question