Toast Inc Front End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Front End Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Toast Inc

1.5

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc in February 2019.

Interview

Discourteous, sloppy, and an incredible waste of time and effort best describes the interview process I experienced with Toast.

I applied online and booked an interview with a recruiter who rescheduled on me shortly before the agreed upon time for no reason other than they were "running out of the office for the day". After rescheduling and completing the phone screen the recruiter had me complete a coding assignment with a 72 hour time limit, assigned to me mid week. I took the time to complete this assignment after working my 8 hour days at my current job, staying up until around midnight each night in order to meet the requirements and extras. I submitted before the deadline and didn't receive any correspondence from the recruiter for days afterwards. After probing for a response multiple times I was told that next steps were being discussed and I'd hear back by the end of the day. I didn't hear back by the end of the day, or for the next 5 days.

The next response I received from the recruiter was that "the position had been filled".

I did not even receive as much as a code review after spending my time and energy completing the assignment that was requested of me. I was let hanging out to dry, only to find that my efforts had been wasted.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Mar 4, 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing this candid feedback. However, we think that there might be some confusion here. It sounds like we may not have actually had the opportunity to interview you since the... More

Other Interview Reviews for Toast Inc

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Interview went fine but HR immediately removed me from candidacy because I did not have commercial experience with React/Angular. Screening is poor as I wasn't even given a chance to prove my technical competency by putting me through the technical test. In the end, I'm happy to have accepted a role in a different startup. Would not recommend even applying to Toast because of that experience.

Interview Questions