Toast Inc Interview Questions in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

Toast Inc Interview Questions in Omaha, NE

Interviews at Toast Inc

Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in July 2018.

Interview

I got an email from Will Reardon stating Toast was interested in setting up a phone interview, and we settled on a date and time for the call. Not only was I not called when my first interview was scheduled, but I had to email him two separate times to re-schedule the initial interview. After my first(rescheduled) phone interview, again, I was told I'd be contacted to schedule a second phone interview with another member of the company. That was never scheduled, even though I sent follow-up email after follow-up email to inquire about it. A few times, I was told I'd receive an email or information about the status of the position, but never did. I understand recruiters are busy, but the lack of communication was astonishing to me. After trying to contact Will again, with no response for a week, he contacted me and told me that they were considering internal candidates and he'd get back to me. A week later, I finally received the official, canned rejection email. My interview experience made me think twice about how this company conducts itself. I was strung along for an entire month. While rejections aren't ever fun, the lack of communication and radio silence I was met with was worse.

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

I'm so sorry that this was your experience with us. We clearly dropped the ball here. Timely communication and follow up is extremely important, and candidate experience is something that we are... More

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in March 2018.

Interview

While the interview was pleasant and the people I interviewed with were pretty cool, it seemed like they were trying super hard to "sell" me on the company. I did receive an offer which I was forced to decline due to the really odd shift that wasn't mentioned to me in the interview process. There was a lot of back and forth with the recruiter but the process was backwards. I mean asking for references once an offer has been made? That's odd to me. I feel that Toast has a lot of growing up to do before it can really get ( and keep) quality people. The vibe I got was that it's not a place for someone with a family, a personal life, or an active life. If you love working the weekends and the graveyard shift this is perfect for you!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in May 2019.

Interview

Excellent conversations with motivated and innovative individuals. The entire process got me very excited to be a part of a new and exciting company. They made it very evident that if one works hard there is a lot of room to grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you hate to lose more or love to win more?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in April 2019.

Interview

I had to reschedule my initial phone interview and the team worked to accommodate me so kindly. I interviewed the day after my phone interview with 4 different people and after my 1st interview with an HR representative, I was sold. She was very genuine and so kind that I told myself if this is the kind of people they employee this is the career for me. The Interview process is very well thought out and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What do your former co-workers and friend have to say about you?   Answer Question

May 31, 2019 – Toast

I’m so glad to hear this! I know that interviewing can be stressful, and I’m happy that the team was able to accommodate your schedule. While this was likely not the outcome that you were hoping for... More

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in December 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview with recruiter, followed by 30 min phone interview a few days later with division manager. Met with them in person one week later. Only feedback given was a phone call and email stating they would have an answer in a week or two. Nearly 6 weeks later, and no word from the company whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Talk about something you are passionate about. A hobby, book, movie, etc. Really sell this to them.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in August 2018.

Interview

3 rounds. 1) Simple overview. Very casual. 2) Speak with a manager, I was clearly on speaker with others in the room, and you are asked to sell something you're passionate about. Don't overthink it. Be prepared and research specific sales techniques (as suggested by the first interviewer). This is where I tripped up. 3) Meet with all of the managers in the office to see if they all agree you're a good fit

Interview Questions

• The big one is selling them something you're passionate about. 1-2 others will be along the lines of "describe a time you accomplished something despite the odds."   Answer Question

Dec 17, 2018 – Employer Brand Manager

This is a great overview of our interview process. Thank you for interviewing with our team and sharing these insights. While this was not the outcome you were hoping for, there is always opportunity... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in February 2019.

Interview

It started with a third recruiter messaging me on LinkedIn. She did a phone screening, then set up an interview with an inside recruiter at Toast. It was informational and mainly informal. The second interview was a role play phone interview, where I prepared a sales pitch and sold it. The third part was face to face; I interviewed with two managers and a current BDR. It was an amazing experience!

Interview Questions

Toast Inc Response

Mar 13, 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

I’m thrilled to hear this- so glad that you had an amazing experience with the team! Welcome to the Toast family! - Mike Brown, VP Talent

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and the interview process took about 3 weeks. A initial phone screening with HR, a phone interview with a team manager that included giving a sales pitch for one of their products and the final in person interview with the team manager (sales pitch 2.0) and also with the director of new business.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a really long and strenuous process. 2 phone interviews, 1 follow-up, and 1 face-to-face interview. First off they reached out to me multiples times on Indeed. I finally gave in, only to be turned down. This interview is extremely long. You have to prepare for a 1 min pitch, read articles on Fanatical Prospecting, and literally have you studying to make sure you answer the questions the way they want it. Everything went well until the face-to-face interview. Toast is not diverse whatsoever, so I felt extremely out of place. The manager already seems annoyed bc he’s said he’s been busy all day with interviews and meetings. They are not very personal nor make you feel relaxed. They tell you that you don’t have to have experience, but clearly you do. I was looking forward to making a difference there bc I am searching for a career with growth. Very disappointed for how much work I had to put in.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Toast Inc (Omaha, NE) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter then 1:1 interviews with 2-3 managers in office. Then a final 1:1 with the director of support. Final decision occurs after with an adverse action letter or conditional offer.